Forum Activity Dropping

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Welcome! You have been invited by Jack to join our community. Please click here to register.

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
you are totally right when it comes to our posts to be a bit more elaborated; it's something I haven't paid much attention to and now that you've mentioned it, I will do my best to explain a bit more;
but sometimes there are moments when I am not keen on "sharing the secret" of my photos and that's why I personally don't explain in depth the whole process of taking that picture; but I should; in the end it's just photos ;)

And yes I agree with you when it comes to the interface of the website - at first glance not too intuitive to me, but I am getting used to it; even though I know I still don't use the whole potential of this website. :)

isulanu

Aug 7, 2020
Hello
personally I have already worked with forums like this one; it's always complicated at first, but in the end I find yours much more user-friendly and straightforward. It is certainly not 500px or Flickr, but the goal is not at all the same.
Personally I have a concern to post photos .... where do we make the difference between specifically macro posts, and others where we can post proxi? It would have to be clearer at this level (or else I didn't understand anything, which would not surprise me :) )

Reactions: Jack

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hi, there has came lot of comments from another members that is fine ;) .
for me is still enjoyable side , and alhought last times I complitly out of macro photography, luckily in the forum is still place-subforum, where I can share my nonmacros too that is really fine ;) :D . Lot of members could be that don't finde it.. :D but yeah on our forum is place for nonmacros too :D
I just shooting everything , depends of my inspirations and situations šŸ˜› :LOL: . And sorry but I'll share with you still lot of nonmacro pictures.. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
Just be carrefull, MACROderie is made for macro ^^ Yes we can share no macro photo and discuss and that's good. We can share about other things, music ...
Personnaly, i'm here first cause someone invite me from facebook, and it was the occasion for me to work my english. Then, I can work english writting, sharing with you, and english speacking with nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo with videos lol (we were so tired lol).
Today, I know members, i share and comment, i ask and listen for advices.
I'll try to give more time for the forum, as L Leraymurat said, i 'll try to make a photo shot, and explain what i done, sharing experience and not only pictures ^^

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
I have only recently joined but i think I am making a decent amount of threads :) . Im happy with the forum and the interaction from the members. I have started to get used to navigating the site but then again i deal with sony menus daily :ROFLMAO:. Anyways, apart from older photos I'm waiting for the winter to end over here and then I got a lot of content coming up.

I would also like to suggest to allow using links to video media, some photography concepts are hard to explain where a video can easily do it. Keeping it in check may be tricky admittedly, but if it's relevant and helpful its worth a consideration.

Reactions: Jack and Yohanna_D

Rene Rufer

May 21, 2020
Dear Jack and members
I was invited about FB to participate in this page and I appreciate it very much.
Unfortunately, I'm just an amateur photographer with some ambitions, but macrophotography definitely fascinates me.
I tried a lot of material including the helicon focus tube and I have no problem presenting my photos with the realizations. I also appreciate knowing what colleagues do. It is for me a source to learn and receive creative inputs, while making the equivalent with my photos.
Let's not forget that it also allows me to improve my English.
Initially, it was difficult to navigate the web page. but in time, we'll get there.

I agree with the comment as Leraymurat says, "it would be interesting if some publications were commented on by their authors, techniques used, equipment, possible software retouching".

Finally, we're going in the right direction.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Just be carrefull, MACROderie is made for macro ^^ Yes we can share no macro photo and discuss and that's good. We can share about other things, music ...
Personnaly, i'm here first cause someone invite me from facebook, and it was the occasion for me to work my english. Then, I can work english writting, sharing with you, and english speacking with nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo with videos lol (we were so tired lol).
Today, I know members, i share and comment, i ask and listen for advices.
I'll try to give more time for the forum, as L Leraymurat said, i 'll try to make a photo shot, and explain what i done, sharing experience and not only pictures ^^

best and unique from the webside is lovely people and possibility meet new lovely photo friends it's all enought for me :love: :love: :love: šŸ™ šŸ™ šŸ™ šŸ¤© šŸ¤© šŸ¤©

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hello everyone, apologies for the late reply .

Hi Jack Jack ! I hope you're fine. Yes, holidays are the primary cause of droping down ^^
The website is pretty good, yes, not easy to use when you're new, but with time it comes easy ^^
I think we can create more "challenge" thread, but more open.
I mean, challenge for newbies, challenges subject more open, like "colors".
For exemple, create a challenge :" Red color".
Then, create a kind of "vote" to know who we'll be the winner.

I'll try to keep and share more thread, but i need time ^^

Hopefully after holidays there will be more people online, but yes, we will see. I tried to make the site simple and easy to access, and well organised so people will find the info they are looking easily. Could look complicated from the first visit. We will startnew challenges definitely. Also, you are welcome to write any suggestions here, no matter what type are they.

Dear Jack and administration team.

I might not be of the most active members, but I have to say that I like this forum.
For me personally, August was a month that I couldn't have much free time (surprisingly) although being in holidays.

Without being absolutely sure, I believe that summer vacation do play a role in activity drop. For me at least it did...

Macroderie is an active forum at least in what I receive as a sense. I have to say that is greatly supported by some members which is great for them and for the rest of as as well.
I really do not have any suggestions that would be of great importance... What I see as a member is a forum platform that is constantly improved aesthetically (design) and content wise.

The only thing that comes in my mind is that Macroderie is a very dedicated Macro Photography forum that is involved with its stated subject / theme. Maybe photographers feel sometimes that they would like to have some 'space' for other themes but that maybe, would bias the forum to a more general direction...

Being in a global network, from the other hand, gives the opportunity and access to a large number of people to sign in and find their macro photography space.

I as a member, was invited to participate in Macroderie and this made me respect this place, and also created the urge to support it the way I can.
It is a new forum and I think time will tell...
As a suggestion I could think the possibility of (maybe) inviting some people that are known and support the forum, like let's say Lee Hall who is a Macro photographer (and new ambitious vloger).

As I member I can say clearly that the administration team does a great job and this forum is a really nice place.
Time will tell and I believe things will improve as we enter Autumn.

Thanks a lot panos_adgr panos_adgr ,I will try to invite some well known macro photographers, but as far as I know, not everyone see the perspectives and opportunities by join this site. Also, I don't aim this forum to be massive, we still focusing only on macro photography, and there won't be any changes on that. Thanks, we try to do the best we can to keep this forum active and to keep everyone happy and engaged.

The style is different and may take some getting used to.

I agree, holidays do have an effect, but also I think at the moment, the pandemic is a factor to consider.

However, hopefully members will keep the site moving forward for all to enjoy.

Paul.

Yes, I do agree with you Paul Iddon Paul Iddon , but hope world situation will get better.

I only joined yesterday and I know that I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw and it looks to be a great site but I'm struggling to figure it all out, don't even know how you post images here! Seems harder to work out than sites like flickr and 500px. When I work it out I will post a lot I guess.

Thanks for joining TomM TomM , it could look a bit complicated, but here are some video tutorials which should help you out:

Also, you always can ask for advice, that's totally fine. These sites looks pretty similar each to other, my plan was to create something unique, is this would look like an other flickr or 500px site, than would look boring and probably you wouldn't be here :) .

Hi Everyone yesterday my wife asked me about this website like what is it for it is any good or not ..ect .
I think this is a very grate website and grate community for macro photographers because everyone is doing the best they can and try to help others to grow and improve with advice , opinions or critics. What for I am grateful :)
Also I really like the games and the different themes as well is make you try new things ( like B&W macro ... )

Maybe I am not the most active member of the group but Yes Jack I can call it a HOME :D
(My activity will be even less soon but because we will move to an other house so my apologies
)
A suggestion : I am not sure how many of us on the website but maybe is we invite more people the activity will grow .

Thanks Bihari Bihari , we will do more challenges definitely, and there still a lot of things to do on the site and to improve to make it better , easier and modern. Regarding your suggestion, it's hard, as stated above, most people don't want to join, or just few, some are used with facebook, and they don't want to try something new, or there could be other reasons. I was thinking about advertising, but I don't want to endup with non macro photographers on forum, which will make this forum an other facebook group. You are more than welcome to invite your friends, as at the moment, this site is heavily depending on word or mouth, or invitations by other members from you. Feel free to share the page ;) .

Hello,

I have been a member for quite a short time, and it took me a little while to adapt to using the forum ... not always very intuitive. But with a little use, it's fine!
If I may allow myself a few remarks, I find the interface and the graphics not always very successful, but this is a personal opinion and therefore, questionable.
As for the use and the frequentation of the site, I can say that I will certainly be much less present after the summer since I mainly photograph insects ... and in winter they are much rarer!
The challenges are a good way to encourage us to renew ourselves, and it is one of the main interests of this site! But it would be interesting if certain publications were commented on by their authors, techniques used, equipment, possible software retouching, and why not explanations on the species photographed for the photos of animals or plants.

These are remarks made a bit out of order, but I will conclude by saying that I like it here and that I will continue to publish there ... as long as my favorite subjects are present!

Thank you all

If you want me something to improve or add do let me know L Leraymurat , by creating a suggestion here:

https://macroderie.com/forums/suggestions.30/ , In my view is very well mobile friendly, I know doesn't give lots of features which you will have while accessing from PC, but I think for mobile users, should work well, also there will be an app soon.

Macro photography is very wide, and even during the winter will be what to shoot, I guess :) . About comments by author I really agree, could you write a suggestion regarding this too. And if everyone is happy, I can add a new required field for sharing technique too, or optional.

Hello
personally I have already worked with forums like this one; it's always complicated at first, but in the end I find yours much more user-friendly and straightforward. It is certainly not 500px or Flickr, but the goal is not at all the same.
Personally I have a concern to post photos .... where do we make the difference between specifically macro posts, and others where we can post proxi? It would have to be clearer at this level (or else I didn't understand anything, which would not surprise me :) )

Hi isulanu isulanu , forums usually are to discuss around the topic, and yes there are lots of forums. I think this forum it's unique, and if not, than there are very few. I still work on it, maintain and fixing issues to make it the best. Regarding your concerns, you made good point, I might create an additional prefix or field required to be chosen by photographers, so we will know . Thanks, I tried my best to make it user friendly, so no one get lost.

And yes, you are welcome to post proxy too, I think proxy and macro are pretty similar and this site should cover them.

Hi, there has came lot of comments from another members that is fine ;) .
for me is still enjoyable side , and alhought last times I complitly out of macro photography, luckily in the forum is still place-subforum, where I can share my nonmacros too that is really fine ;) :D . Lot of members could be that don't finde it.. :D but yeah on our forum is place for nonmacros too :D
I just shooting everything , depends of my inspirations and situations šŸ˜› :LOL: . And sorry but I'll share with you still lot of nonmacro pictures.. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Thanks nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo , everyone is welcome to share non macro images, that's not a problem, as long as it's not abusive :) . But don't forget to site purpose.

I have only recently joined but i think I am making a decent amount of threads :) . Im happy with the forum and the interaction from the members. I have started to get used to navigating the site but then again i deal with sony menus daily :ROFLMAO:. Anyways, apart from older photos I'm waiting for the winter to end over here and then I got a lot of content coming up.

I would also like to suggest to allow using links to video media, some photography concepts are hard to explain where a video can easily do it. Keeping it in check may be tricky admittedly, but if it's relevant and helpful its worth a consideration.

Thanks Chavezshutter Chavezshutter , glad that you joined us, and yes I saw you are very active, and did some resources too which is great contribution for resources page and newbies.

Regarding your concerns about video media links, this will be discussed , but you are welcome to post video tutorials as long as the link is set to option where only people will access to link can see access. I don't want to turn this site into an advertising place :) , I think everyone agrees with that.

Dear Jack and members
I was invited about FB to participate in this page and I appreciate it very much.
Unfortunately, I'm just an amateur photographer with some ambitions, but macrophotography definitely fascinates me.
I tried a lot of material including the helicon focus tube and I have no problem presenting my photos with the realizations. I also appreciate knowing what colleagues do. It is for me a source to learn and receive creative inputs, while making the equivalent with my photos.
Let's not forget that it also allows me to improve my English.
Initially, it was difficult to navigate the web page. but in time, we'll get there.

I agree with the comment as Leraymurat says, "it would be interesting if some publications were commented on by their authors, techniques used, equipment, possible software retouching".

Finally, we're going in the right direction.

Thanks for joining Rene Rufer Rene Rufer , matter of your photography level, everyone who does shooting macro photography at any level, are welcome to join here to learn and share images.

Probably the L Leraymurat suggestion will be granted, depends what other photographers says.

Morning, Jack,
At first, I had a hard time finding my way around, I don't speak English, which wasn't easy.... :rolleyes:
Now it's better. I find I'm going slowly ;)
I do macro photography now and then, that's why I'm no good. (n)
The last few days I've been very busy with my grandson...
Thank you Jack Jack for this site

Hello Mary Collimateur Mary Collimateur , thanks for your comment, I don't see any reason why english should be barrier for sharing images, there aren't any languages when comes to sharing photos. Hope you will learn more from here, I think everyone does amazing images.

MinitecaPhotographie

Legend TEAM
3 4
May 9, 2020
Hi Jack Jack. I have been less active since last month not because of holidays but because of my house's renew. Hope that after this week I'll be able to be more active. This site and forum is well made and, like already said, at the first time it's not easy to find his way, after a few days it become fine.
We all know that you've made a nice site and you do your best to bring it to an higher level. I just want to thank you for your work and I want you to be sure that everyone here will put a stone to the building (not sure this expression exists in english). What I want to say is that you gave us the keys of nice relationship between all over the world photographers and we must to our best to continue this one as you wish to.

• Love
Reactions: Jack and Greg