Photography How did you learn photography?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
This thread is about general or macro photography discussion. Feel free to talk as much as you want :).

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020

Piranha

Dec 11, 2020
I learned about photography by subscribing to monthly magazines. I got into macro photography when I added a water-drop function to a trigger device I was building as a hobby. The instant I saw my first successful water-drop capture, I was hooked. I have not deviated from the water-drop subject, mainly because it is very exciting and the results can be stunning.

Last edited:

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I learned about photography by subscribing to monthly magazines. I got into macro photography when I added a water-drop function to a trigger device I was building as a hobby. The instant I saw my first successful water-drop capture, I was hooked. I have not deviated from the water-drop subject, mainly because it is very exciting and the results can be stunning.
I have never tried water droplet, but I believe that's something very hard to do, Due of milliseconds you have to calculate

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I have never tried water droplet, but I believe that's something very hard to do, Due of milliseconds you have to calculate
I made my system simple so that you can easily learn how to use it.
You always can create more tutorials how to use the system, and provide more info about product within the section .

BrianG

May 18, 2020
I too am self taught i believe you learn from your mistakes and other people and progress onwards from there.
I also got into using a macro lens by building a waterdrop system and controller great to see the results but like everything it can be very frustrating but fun.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I too am self taught i believe you learn from your mistakes and other people and progress onwards from there.
I also got into using a macro lens by building a waterdrop system and controller great to see the results but like everything it can be very frustrating but fun.
Agree with you, most important to learn from mistakes, what kind of system you built ?