How you organaiz your pictures?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Sorry, but you've missunderstood my post. I take my pictures in CRAW format (CR3) with a file size about 30MB. But most of my pictures are stacked so I've to import my CR3 RAW files in LR to export it to Helicon Focus.

So CR3 (Camera) -> Import LR -> TIFF export to Helicon Focus -> TIFF file for the finished stack

I leave normal images (non stacked images) as CR3 and save them just like that.

Helicon offers a RAW in - DNG out converter but I actually cannot use this feature since the software doesn't support CR3 files. So I've to bypass this via LR export.

• Wow
Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Alright, that's why the size is so huge then, because images are stacked , is that right ?

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
No... TIFF have always a huge file size. But it's actually the best available file for the perfect image quality. Helicon Focus renders the stack and save it as one normal picture after the rendering process. So you don't have the information from each single picture in the final TIFF file.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
No... TIFF have always a huge file size. But it's actually the best available file for the perfect image quality. Helicon Focus renders the stack and save it as one normal picture after the rendering process. So you don't have the information from each single picture in the final TIFF file.

I need to try to stack images, as I never did, so that's why I'm not really familiar with it . Thanks for the information, really useful