How you organaiz your pictures?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
Wow! some people must have mega machines? I work on four different computers during the day...organisation is always a challenging job for me...probably why I post in the wrong places

rcorteschile

Renato Cortés
Apr 11, 2020
I use a simple approach:
YEAR folder
inside each year folder, yymmdd-XXXXX folders, according to the date the pictures were taken, where XXXX is the name of the places, event, etc. In this way the system sort the folders alphabetically (by date).
Inside each of these yymmdd-xxxx folders, a RAW folder with the RAW files if I want to keep them.
When I have another shoot the same day (or with a different camera), I modify the name of folder yymmdd-YY-XXXX where YY are nmemonic of camera brand.
That solution is useful for me.
HTH

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
I see guys that I got you great question to discusse :D . I need to think more them like it..:D . but that is only photographers life .. :D

And thank you a lot for your answers :cool: 🤗

Very good answers , usefuls... :)

Reactions: Greg Shchepanek

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
No, unfortunately not... 32,5 MP as a TIFF needs a lot of space. :sick:

but I have too the same problem, when I export my RAW phots after editing to JPG.. They offen come so large 🤣🤣

That is own quqestion to discuss.. how to export images with best quality and not too large .. :D

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
No... a TIFF is a uncompressed file format. Unfortunately I cannot directly integrate the CR3 files in my Helicon Focus workflow as the file format is too new. So I've to export the files from CFR3 to TIFF in LR and save it as TIFF again later on. I can for sure use the JPG format but I priorice the image quality instead of the file size. Normal "single shot" CRAW CR3 files are about 25-30MB.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
No... a TIFF is a uncompressed file format. Unfortunately I cannot directly integrate the CR3 files in my Helicon Focus workflow as the file format is too new. So I've to export the files from CFR3 to TIFF in LR and save it as TIFF again later on. I can for sure use the JPG format but I priorice the image quality instead of the file size. Normal "single shot" CRAW CR3 files are about 25-30MB.

Thats a lot to be honest, whats your Memory card size ?