Want critique In mushroom's fantasyland

The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
1/100s , f5 . Iso640
60mm, em10iii Olympus.
The lighting -fleshlamp in phone

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hello

Here is my two pictures with palying in the forst.. with the small mushroom, autumn leaf and flash from my phone-Samsung J6 , and editing in Lightroom classic cc..

How do you like the effects?

More pictures soon..

Reactions: Karl, Jack and Greg

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Good composition but the flashlight looks really distracting. I would recommend to take a picture / stack with and without the light to edit it later on in PS.
[/QUO

Danke Helix_2648
I can try do it in diffrend way , but itself quite glad with the result , maybe just softer light.. , need to think about , and biggest leaf as a background would be fine

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hello nataliaflejszar&Photo , I'm not pro shooting mushrooms , but what can I say here. They look a bit dark to me, I think because you had your flash behind the subject. I would say if you could have a flash on top of your camera, that could be improved as well.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020

Thanks Jack .
I used my phone flash for the lighting, and I wanted it as backlight effect,so because of it is on the back of the subject . it was just as experiment for fun, to get something dreamy and fantasy
but yes .. next time i try to do it better , some of new ideas has been already . and yesterday I shooted again some of mushrooms and with my small toy..
i'll share it later

Reactions: Jack
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…