laptop for photographers on a limited budget for photo editing

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Accumulator

Apr 11, 2020
Hi all
I am in the market for a new laptop
preference is Lenova
I have read that gaming laptops is more reliable that standard entry level laptops.
So here in South Africa as our currency is bad to the dollar.
Can i go for the intel processor core i5 4gb graphics card 512 ssd hd 8gb ram witha fhd ips screen?

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I got the Lenovo Legion Core i5 9th Gen Clock speed 4.1ghz 4core 6gb graphics card 8gb ram with 128gb ssd and with 1tb hdd, will upgrade the ram and ssd in future , loaded photoshop and lightroom on ssd my other stuff will go on normal hdd and got a dell monitor 24'' with ips fhd

So did you bought new laptop?

Reactions: Accumulator

Accumulator

Apr 11, 2020
So did you bought new laptop?
Yes, there was a problem earlier that after I paid for the laptop they didn't have stock, so I drove there 2 days later and spoke to a consultant and he assisted me, and I choose this one so my next move is to save up and get the 1tb ssd with 16gb ram

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Yes, there was a problem earlier that after I paid for the laptop they didn't have stock, so I drove there 2 days later and spoke to a consultant and he assisted me, and I choose this one so my next move is to save up and get the 1tb ssd with 16gb ram

16gb ram, is more then enough for pictures retouching. :). Glad that you sorted out this question.

Reactions: Accumulator
Status
Not open for further replies.