The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Sony a7iii, Sony a6400, loawa 100mm x2 macro lens, Canon 100mm USM macro lens, extension tubes, raynox250, flash, diffuser

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted, the cold season here was rather uninspiring and I had slowed down with my photography especially since lockdowns have been going on over here. Anyways, one positive thing has been that I can now travel within the 10km limit to local parks during the beginning of the warm season. I have been after these peacock jumping spiders for a number of years and though I have found many types of regular jumping spiders, I have only photographed a single peacock species - Maratus Plumosus (I've posted in the forum a while back). This year so far I have found 3 species already and even better I have captured males displaying their plumage while doing their courtship dance. I hope to get a lot more.

Here is the first species of the year, quite common to my surprise around my area

Maratus Vespertilio

The last photo is a displaying male showing its full plumage. I will post more on the other species later, hope you enjoy the photos.

Cheers,

forgot to mention the common name for this is the bat-like peacock spider

Last edited:

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
Such a unique critter. I've never encountered one. Looking forward to see more .

Reactions: Chavezshutter
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…