Your opinion? Midnight snack...Bronze jumping spider

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
ISO100, 90mm, f/18, 1/250 sec, flash

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Aussie Bronze Jumping Spider (Helpis Minitabunda) feeding on a common fruit fly.

I captured this image last month. I caught sight of this guy happily doing his thing hanging from my kitchen blind. I rushed to get my camera and pringles snoot and in my excitement I did not notice that my baking paper diffuser had gone walkabouts, lucky it did not seem to cause too much issue with the image.

Single shot made with 90mm+extension tube, hand held, godox tt685s flash, pringle snoot flash. The hardest part of capturing this image was timing it right as this little guy span like a top while eating and i had to turn off other lights before I could fire my shot. It is a slighlty cropped image. Let me know your thoughts...New subject for the next photos, I like to mix it up.

DSC08983.jpg

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Jack Jack Yohanna_D Yohanna_D Thank you both very much!. This is relatively newer work so I hoped that it would be a little sharper and improved over some of my earlier work I have posted.

Cheers!

Reactions: Jack

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Looking forward for other of your macro images Chavezshutter Chavezshutter
Jack Jack
I'm giving a light edit to some bee and jumping spider shots I got today, I will upload those soon.

More importantly I have done a few things macro related that have kept me busy. I'm trying out Zerene stacker out and the best bit of news is I have found out there is a state park only 2 hours drive from me where 5 species of peacock spiders have been found. Now if only the lockdown in Melbourne passes before September to December and maybe I can get my first photo of one them fingers crossed

Reactions: Jack