Your opinion? Midnight snack...Bronze jumping spider

The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
ISO100, 90mm, f/18, 1/250 sec, flash

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Aussie Bronze Jumping Spider (Helpis Minitabunda) feeding on a common fruit fly.

I captured this image last month. I caught sight of this guy happily doing his thing hanging from my kitchen blind. I rushed to get my camera and pringles snoot and in my excitement I did not notice that my baking paper diffuser had gone walkabouts, lucky it did not seem to cause too much issue with the image.

Single shot made with 90mm+extension tube, hand held, godox tt685s flash, pringle snoot flash. The hardest part of capturing this image was timing it right as this little guy span like a top while eating and i had to turn off other lights before I could fire my shot. It is a slighlty cropped image. Let me know your thoughts...New subject for the next photos, I like to mix it up.

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Jack Yohanna_D Thank you both very much!. This is relatively newer work so I hoped that it would be a little sharper and improved over some of my earlier work I have posted.

Cheers!

Reactions: Jack

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Looking forward for other of your macro images Chavezshutter
Jack
I'm giving a light edit to some bee and jumping spider shots I got today, I will upload those soon.

More importantly I have done a few things macro related that have kept me busy. I'm trying out Zerene stacker out and the best bit of news is I have found out there is a state park only 2 hours drive from me where 5 species of peacock spiders have been found. Now if only the lockdown in Melbourne passes before September to December and maybe I can get my first photo of one them fingers crossed

Reactions: Jack
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…