Your opinion? Mining Bee on Spring Beauty

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Bob Noble

May 7, 2020
A Spring Beauty Mining Bee on the flower that it specializes in - Spring Beauty. May 1, 2020, Brampton Ontario DSC_3922-Edit.jpg
Nikon D7200, Tamron SP 90mm Macro VC, on-camera pop-up flash, 1/250, f/22, ISO 100, Flash did fire.

This is a very small flower (and bee), about 6-7 cm tall and 1.5cm across. It grows in forested regions in eastern North America for a brief period in the spring. ITs pollen has a pinkish tinge to it that can be seen on the bee's legs.

Last edited:

Bob Noble

May 7, 2020
I saw the pollen, its very beautiful photo. To do such of photo you need a lot of patience.
The bees also move very quickly on these flowers so you have to be ready when they get in a good position for a picture. My knees really hurt after taking pictures of Spring Beauties because they are so low and the bees move around them so quickly.

Reactions: Karl and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
The bees also move very quickly on these flowers so you have to be ready when they get in a good position for a picture. My knees really hurt after taking pictures of Spring Beauties because they are so low and the bees move around them so quickly.

That art of photography, you need to work hard to achieve expected results, isn’t it ? :)

Reactions: Karl