Your opinion? More fleabane

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Hi grphotog641 grphotog641 - sometimes less is more. I'm nor sure if the picture would have the same effect if would render it as a stack. The blurry background is really nice. I like it.

Reactions: Jack

grphotog641

Apr 23, 2020
I'm nor sure if the picture would have the same effect if would render it as a stack.
Thanks, Helix. This past weekend I finished my homemade speedlight diffuser and finally feel like I can shoot in the wild. Without the flash I was having to shoot at really wide apertures and the resulting ultra-narrow DOF made me feel like focus stacking was my only option. This feels really liberating and I'm looking forward to working on some flower shots I took in the garden yesterday.

Now I may need to upgrade my speedlight to one that gives me a bit more control.:unsure:

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I prefer to take my stacks without an external flash but I saw a lot of pictures taken with a flash light which are really gorgeous. So I'm thinking about to buy a flash light for myself to use it for my stacks. But I'm not sure which one to buy. The DIY is also a very intersting topic!

At the end focus stacking is the only possible physical solution if you want to get all details of the flower. I won't recommend to use an aperature above f16 to avoid diffraction blur.

Link

grphotog641

Apr 23, 2020
I've been doing my stacking using a static LED worklight and relying on the flicker-reduction on my D500 to deal with the 60Hz flicker (very obvious on my D750 body).
That usually gives me enough light to shoot not-quite wide open, even with the tubes and the Raynox.

But outside, handheld, there was nowhere near enough light for me to get a decent shot without the flash. Good advice on not going to high in f-number. I'll try to remember that.

Shan

Apr 12, 2020
this picture has a dreamy look to it. i like the details in the centre and the dof fall off in the edges. stacking seems too artificial to me sometimes. Great Photo! :)

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Great results grphotog641 grphotog641 , have you tried to stack images, as I think you probably could get more in focus on this flower then is now.