Your opinion? Popsicle Spring

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I think both ways would work but I know Yohanna_D Yohanna_D and her style and the flipped and cropped version would not match. BUT maybe you're allowed to take the picture from her and give it a try just to see the results which you've in kind. Would be really interesting, wouldn't it be? MikeB MikeB

Sometimes a non-verbal communication without gestures and facial expressions is a bit complicated and can be misunderstood. So I hope that nobody is angry about a free comment from another member. Especially if a real opinion is requested.

• Love
Reactions: Yohanna_D

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
The magnification could present him better in his fine details - but he would look downward and the formerly big space around him shrinks and is reduced to a pleasant green backdrop.
I'm re-reading my initial comment and it does not mention anything about any "magnification" so I'm a bit confused by your almost defensive answer.
You totally understood my approach on this photo; and the 1/3 rule is not something to abide by automatically;
and by the way, just seen a small documentary about this rule that before 1797 it never existed; it was made up by an artist that thought it would be pleasing to the eye; however the greatest artists - painters and photographers never used it - really ;)
So I tend to let this rule slide away as much as I can ;)
Sorry, I mistakenly read "The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic." which I thought invited me to comment freely, not get into any right/wrong discussion. I will not make that mistake again with your posts, I promise you.
I am truly sorry if my argument hurt you in any way, shape or form; it was not intended to do that; it's just my own point of view when it comes to the 1/3 rule that seems to be too ubiquitous nowadays and sometimes it feels as if everyone should apply it, otherwise the photo is not balanced. I totally understand your point of view and I believe that if I crop a bit the photo would tell another story, a different one and that story is just as much acceptable and appreciated as mine, or any one else's :)

I don't believe it's about making mistakes, it's just sharing different points of view, and also exchanging them, sometimes agreeing, sometimes bringing other arguments.

Again, truly sorry you felt hurt or vexed by any of my words in the comment.
Have a lovely evening.

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
I think both ways would work but I know Yohanna_D Yohanna_D and her style and the flipped and cropped version would not match. BUT maybe you're allowed to take the picture from her and give it a try just to see the results which you've in kind. Would be really interesting, wouldn't it be? MikeB MikeB

Sometimes a non-verbal communication without gestures and facial expressions is a bit complicated and can be misunderstood. So I hope that nobody is angry about a free comment from another member. Especially if a real opinion is requested.
MikeB MikeB - I think you can totally take the photo, change it according to your advice and upload it here in the discussion, I wouldn't mind and also it would allow me to really see your point and what you meant through your comment. :)