Your opinion? Queen's crown

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Iso 100
F14
1/200
Continous shooting
Flashes at 1/128

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
That's a pretty good effort, these are tricky to shoot, specially without a drop trigger machine. I've tried this technique twice and I used a plastic bag which i poked with a needle to get my drops, this creates a rythmic drop timing which you get used to and can then fire the camera accordingly. The reason I am mentioning this is because I can see what you were trying to do by using shooting continuously and using low flash power - to give yourself the best chance of capturing the image with a fast cycling flash at lowest power. I think you need more flash power to both freeze and bring up details in the splash but timing is always the tricky bit. If you get the chance to shoot this again play with different flash settings and see if you like the results. Everything else looks good and good on you for experimenting with this, you can create some amazing results with this technique, but like everything in photography practice makes perfect🙂

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Using no mechanical means I was able to capture this umbrella crown last night. A very simple set up with my macro lens on a tripod, remote trigger, 2 speedlights and a wooden dowel holding a pippet stick.
Oh it's so great! 🤩