Ready for Christmas?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hello everyone. Are you ready for Christmas? It’s just a month away till Christmas. Any plans or trips?

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Looking forward to it. I booked a place near the coast for June so I could do some milky way core astrophotography but have not been able to travel to the location due to lockdowns which we only came out from about a week ago. The core is no longer visible from here at this time of the year but after a hard year it would be great to spend Christmas there

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Looking forward to it. I booked a place near the coast for June so I could do some milky way core astrophotography but have not been able to travel to the location due to lockdowns which we only came out from about a week ago. The core is no longer visible from here at this time of the year but after a hard year it would be great to spend Christmas there
Looking forward to seeing those images when you get them done. Are you expecting any gifts this years from Santa :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: 😅?

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
I'm just trying to make it through Thanksgiving....then work on Christmas. :LOL: :LOL:
The way things are going in our area of the State with the virus, Santa could very well be on Lock down when it arrives.
I am looking forward to some season photos, macros of ornaments etc., maybe some nice Christmas day snow photos.

• Grinning Face

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I'm just trying to make it through Thanksgiving....then work on Christmas. :LOL: :LOL:
The way things are going in our area of the State with the virus, Santa could very well be on Lock down when it arrives.
I am looking forward to some season photos, macros of ornaments etc., maybe some nice Christmas day snow photos.
He still might come this year😅. Any expectations for Christmas?

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
Hello everyone. Are you ready for Christmas? It’s just a month away till Christmas. Any plans or trips?
I don't do anything at Christmas, am living alone and family lives about 300 miles away. For me it just are normal days.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I don't do anything at Christmas, am living alone and family lives about 300 miles away. For me it just are normal days.
Ohh, a bit sad, but would you video call your family and still celebrate?

Reactions: TMG1961

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Maybe a wide prime lens I have been waiting for, but we'll see ..

• Grinning Face

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
Ohh, a bit sad, but would you video call your family and still celebrate?
It is not sad, i am living alone for the past 42 years. Only have contact with brothers and sister 3-4 times a year over whatsapp and that is it. Last time i saw my brothers is about 7 or 8 years ago and my sister about 1-1,5 years ago. The all are married have kids and a life of their own. I wouldn't even recognise their kids if they walked next to me. The contact with aunts and uncles completely stopped after my father died in 1993. My mother died in 1984.

• Sad
Reactions: Jack and Tina Boes

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
We aren't a real gift giving type of family. We enjoy the get together time more than gifts. If I get a neat gift, it's probably going to be something I order for myself. LOL

My expectations are more of a hope. Hope that people will understand that everyone has been through a lot, and are still going through tough times with this virus and the toll it has taken on life for all in general. Hope that they can stop thinking of only themselves, and begin to think of others.
I hope that families who are in personal turmoil can put their past issues behind them and become mature enough to forgive and let it go, so all can live peaceful instead of wallowing in hatred and anger every day.
Hope that we can have Peace on Earth, and goodwill toward.....ALL.

On a lighter note......I put my tree up early. I'm focusing on the decorations now. Not a real tree, they scare me of fire danger and they make huge messes, and bring in bugs. Bugs.....I have enough of living in the woods. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha