Ready for Christmas?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Looking forward to it. I booked a place near the coast for June so I could do some milky way core astrophotography but have not been able to travel to the location due to lockdowns which we only came out from about a week ago. The core is no longer visible from here at this time of the year but after a hard year it would be great to spend Christmas there
That one will be great for landscapes :)

• Smiling Face
Reactions: Chavezshutter

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I'm just trying to make it through Thanksgiving....then work on Christmas. :LOL: :LOL:
The way things are going in our area of the State with the virus, Santa could very well be on Lock down when it arrives.
I am looking forward to some season photos, macros of ornaments etc., maybe some nice Christmas day snow photos.
So you set up an artificial tree ? By the way, is to early for Christmas tree :D

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Ohh, a bit sad, but would you video call your family and still celebrate?
It is not sad, i am living alone for the past 42 years. Only have contact with brothers and sister 3-4 times a year over whatsapp and that is it. Last time i saw my brothers is about 7 or 8 years ago and my sister about 1-1,5 years ago. The all are married have kids and a life of their own. I wouldn't even recognise their kids if they walked next to me. The contact with aunts and uncles completely stopped after my father died in 1993. My mother died in 1984.
I feel sad TMG1961 TMG1961 , thatā€™s because you live miles away from each other?

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Looking forward to it. I booked a place near the coast for June so I could do some milky way core astrophotography but have not been able to travel to the location due to lockdowns which we only came out from about a week ago. The core is no longer visible from here at this time of the year but after a hard year it would be great to spend Christmas there
and at f/1.8 great for astro too šŸ˜‰

• Grinning Face
Reactions: Jack

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
It is not sad, i am living alone for the past 42 years. Only have contact with brothers and sister 3-4 times a year over whatsapp and that is it. Last time i saw my brothers is about 7 or 8 years ago and my sister about 1-1,5 years ago. The all are married have kids and a life of their own. I wouldn't even recognise their kids if they walked next to me. The contact with aunts and uncles completely stopped after my father died in 1993. My mother died in 1984.
I wouldn't even know were the rest of my family lives. The last time i saw anyone else then my brothers and sister was in January 1993 at the funeral of my father.
The contact with my brothers and sister have always been like this since they got married and moved away. I am used to it now so please don't feel sad, nothing to be sad about,
it is just how things are.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I bet is not the cheapest lens :)

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
life is life, we need to look further and live current moments.

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Full frame wide lenses is pricey in general, but the lens I have in mind is well priced in terms of image quality vs price. I recommended it to a friend who shoots Sony and he loves it.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Full frame wide lenses is pricey in general, but the lens I have in mind is well priced in terms of image quality vs price. I recommended it to a friend who shoots Sony and he loves it.
You want to get a Canon lens ?