Your opinion? Rose Apple Blossom

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
EOS R5
100mm macro
1/100
F20
6400 ISO
no flash

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Hello H Hal Marietta šŸ˜ƒ

Beautiful flower, nice colours and good sharpness, there is a little grain noise but expected at ISO 6400, but its not too bad all things considered. I suggest using a wider aparture like f/14 or so that you can get more light and decrease your ISO to reduce some of that grain. I personally only use f/stops above f/16 when the subject is very small and I need magnifications over 2:1. If you like working close and magnification I suggest thinking about a flash and diffuser somewhere in the future. Thanks for sharing and I hope to see more šŸ‘

Hal Marietta

Sep 16, 2021
Hello H Hal Marietta šŸ˜ƒ

Beautiful flower, nice colours and good sharpness, there is a little grain noise but expected at ISO 6400, but its not too bad all things considered. I suggest using a wider aparture like f/14 or so that you can get more light and decrease your ISO to reduce some of that grain. I personally only use f/stops above f/16 when the subject is very small and I need magnifications over 2:1. If you like working close and magnification I suggest thinking about a flash and diffuser somewhere in the future. Thanks for sharing and I hope to see more šŸ‘
Thanks much for the feedback! Took this a while back before I got a diffuser. Gotta practice more with the flash and diffuser now. šŸ˜

Reactions: Chavezshutter