Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
Your opinion? 

Ruddy Darters mating

I was lucky enough to get close to these two :) IMG_8679-studio.jpeg

Desc1234

Jan 6, 2021
Will take a bit of time to get familiar, but sharing and posting it's pretty much straight forward.

You must have real fun, and interesting images. It's also important to have a place where you can go and take images as well.
I do try, but there are always new things to learn, which is what makes photography fun. Anyway, it's been fun chatting:) I have to sign off now and go cook dinner. Have a nice evening, Jack:)

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I do try, but there are always new things to learn, which is what makes photography fun. Anyway, it's been fun chatting:) I have to sign off now and go cook dinner. Have a nice evening, Jack:)

You are right, and gree with you. Sure, speak to you later. Have nice evening too. You can use Chat room as well ;)

Leraymurat

1 1
Jun 4, 2020
Wonderfull ! Superb photo, remarkable sharpness, beautiful saturated colors. I just regret the flash in my eyes ... but I quibble

Reactions: Jack

Desc1234

Jan 6, 2021
Wonderfull ! Superb photo, remarkable sharpness, beautiful saturated colors. I just regret the flash in my eyes ... but I quibble
Thank you for the support:) Yes. I agree, there are always some drawbacks with using flash - especially reflections in eyes, as you mention. On the other hand, if I hadn't used it, the picture wouldn't have happened. Maybe I can try cloning out the reflection. Thanks for the constructive feedback, anyway :)

Reactions: Leraymurat and Jack

Leraymurat

1 1
Jun 4, 2020
You are right, and gree with you. Sure, speak to you later. Have nice evening too. You can use Chat room as well ;)
Sometimes it is sufficient to select the area of the reflection and decrease the brightness locally. Here, it should work since the reflection is not very strong. I have often tried this method with success...

Reactions: Desc1234 and Jack

Desc1234

Jan 6, 2021
Sometimes it is sufficient to select the area of the reflection and decrease the brightness locally. Here, it should work since the reflection is not very strong. I have often tried this method with success...
Thank you for the tip, I haven't tried that yet:) I usually use cloning, but let me see if this works.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Excellent shot Desc1234 Desc1234. Not only the situation and composition itself but only the overall image quality! I think this picture was taken in the morning, wasn't it?

Reactions: Desc1234

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Those are great colours, excellent capture and composition. I personally dont find the eye highlights too severe but its an easy fix to reduce - I would use a radial filter with decreased exposure and highlights in lightroom and call it a day. I have upgraded my diffuser from a pringles DIY snoot to what i call "upsidedown baby bib diffuser' and have gotten very good results, its cheap and easily found on ebay, amazon, etc. Here is what it looks like;

20210109_165428.jpg

The only downside of this diffuser is that if you can only sit the diffuser on say a focusing or aparture ring then the diffuser will move left and right as you need to change them, also be aware that the opening of the diffuser is not one size fits all at all, nothing some rubber bands cant fix šŸ˜‰. Hope it helps and look forward to seeing more of your photos šŸ˜Š

Reactions: Desc1234

Desc1234

Jan 6, 2021
Those are great colours, excellent capture and composition. I personally dont find the eye highlights too severe but its an easy fix to reduce - I would use a radial filter with decreased exposure and highlights in lightroom and call it a day. I have upgraded my diffuser from a pringles DIY snoot to what i call "upsidedown baby bib diffuser' and have gotten very good results, its cheap and easily found on ebay, amazon, etc. Here is what it looks like;

View attachment 10289

The only downside of this diffuser is that if you can only sit the diffuser on say a focusing or aparture ring then the diffuser will move left and right as you need to change them, also be aware that the opening of the diffuser is not one size fits all at all, nothing some rubber bands cant fix šŸ˜‰. Hope it helps and look forward to seeing more of your photos šŸ˜Š
Thank you for the positive feedback:) I don't have Lightroom, but use Luminar and Topaz Studio, and will adjust the highlight. I may get the diffuser you show - they have it in my country: I use a sheet of card with tinfoil taped onto it, but I'm considering getting the Canon Macrolite MT 26EX-RT, as the biggest problem I've run into with using a diffuser is the lack of adjustability, and the light I mention has two adjustable heads. It's a pricey piece of kit, but the movable heads are what I really need for a lot of the shooting I do - say, filling in a selective area of shadow from one side or below, or using two different power outputs using two lights etc.

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Desc1234

Jan 6, 2021
Excellent shot Desc1234 Desc1234. Not only the situation and composition itself but only the overall image quality! I think this picture was taken in the morning, wasn't it?
Thank you for the support:) I shot it in the afternoon, although I can't remember exactly when. There were some pretty harsh shadows, which is why I used fill flash to kick in a bit of light to get a more even exposure.