shutter count

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
My old Nikon d7000 is in daily use and I currently shoot about 20-30 images a day.
It has 23600 shutter actuations at the moment and it`s rated for 150000 so hopefully I`ve a long way to go yet. At my current rate, about 11 years.

That's long, my 7D M2 has around 15k, and old 3 years, probably will last me longer then expected, also having a small canon m50 mirrorless , but I'm not sure if there a shutter count on them too.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
That's why is good to keep an eye on shutter count always :)

True Jack Jack , I think, need find options how to keep an eye on my 1 year old , new camera.. I just take quite a lot pictures.. :) . Of course this shutter count is possible to change for new one.. I got answer as it from Olympus service year ago.. as my oldest camera was broken. only the shutter speed!. but it\s not cheap, need to pay quite a lot of money .. sometime just better buy a new camera .. :D the old camera I bought as secound hand camera, and used by2 years very a lot, as the camera was just always with me.. small enough and light for it.. ;) Noday I have too often camera with me.. but not always as beffore ;)

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
True Jack Jack , I think, need find options how to keep an eye on my 1 year old , new camera.. I just take quite a lot pictures.. :) . Of course this shutter count is possible to change for new one.. I got answer as it from Olympus service year ago.. as my oldest camera was broken. only the shutter speed!. but it\s not cheap, need to pay quite a lot of money .. sometime just better buy a new camera .. :D the old camera I bought as secound hand camera, and used by2 years very a lot, as the camera was just always with me.. small enough and light for it.. ;) Noday I have too often camera with me.. but not always as beffore ;)

I would recommend to go with mirror less camera, if you having with you all the time.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Every camera has its unique features :)

yes Jack Jack šŸ˜ , but Olympus just offer it in best way ;) , one of best camea-friends for us, as in the small body you just can find evrythink you need to create best pictures and Olymus cameras have so beautiful designe what is just better as Nikon or Canon :D

But what about shutter speeds and anothers camera brands? which one have bests?

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
yes Jack Jack šŸ˜ , but Olympus just offer it in best way ;) , one of best camea-friends for us, as in the small body you just can find evrythink you need to create best pictures and Olymus cameras have so beautiful designe what is just better as Nikon or Canon :D

But what about shutter speeds and anothers camera brands? which one have bests?

There are no best cameras in my opinion, is all about the person behind the camera, you can have most expensive camera in the world and you wonā€™t get as great results as someone with old school camera and years of experience and knowledge. :)

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
There are no best cameras in my opinion, is all about the person behind the camera, you can have most expensive camera in the world and you wonā€™t get as great results as someone with old school camera and years of experience and knowledge. :)

That's true Jack Jack , I know a lot photographers that take beautiful, standing out photos with old , film cameras and lenses , better as photographers with most expensive equipments.. :D .

Reactions: Deleted member 250
D

Deleted member 250

The camera is only a machine, what counts is the inspiration operating it.
You can give the most expensive and up to date camera to a person without vision and you will get snapshots, but give an artist a box brownie and you will get art.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
The camera is only a machine, what counts is the inspiration operating it.
You can give the most expensive and up to date camera to a person without vision and you will get snapshots, but give an artist a box brownie and you will get art.

What a lovely words @Bill Edwards ! , exackly is like it.., the artisctic soul it't too something that you have or not.. ;) but you can born with or get it by hard work if you only want to ;)

Reactions: Deleted member 250