Your opinion? Something's very interesting inside Basalt volcanic rock.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Let me introduce about my very proud mineral specimen: Levyne- Zeolites mineral group
I gathered this little cute crystals in active basalt quarry, not far from my own home. Very lucky for me, when i use hammer to break, all crystals cluster inside were not damaged.
FOV 8 mm
Canon 750d + Tube + Componon 35 mm
Settings: ISO 200 - 1/100s
Steps: 0.05 cm
Zerene stacker + Lightroom

Tuyen Nguyen

Aug 3, 2020
Hello back Tuyen Nguyen Tuyen Nguyen ;)
beautiful image and the minerals, I think isn't easy to shoot minerals.. , Helix_2648 Helix_2648 tried to shoot them too ;), I remembers the pictures still .. ;)
For each mineral, I have to direct the light differently, some samples contain very little crystals and very deep inside the host rock, sometimes I must break them . I struggled with them at the beginning too. My past photos that were underexposed, grainy, and not sharp but thanks to lots of help from macro photographers, my image quality is much better than before.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Hi Tuyen Nguyen Tuyen Nguyen, again a really great picture from your minerals. Unfortunately they aren't any mineral exhibitions near my town. Your pictures looks like glass blades coming out of the ground. Really interesting to see all these little details

• Love
Reactions: Tuyen Nguyen

Tuyen Nguyen

Aug 3, 2020
uuuuh i'm glad you came on the forum, I really like your pictures ^^
Hi Tuyen Nguyen Tuyen Nguyen, again a really great picture from your minerals. Unfortunately they aren't any mineral exhibitions near my town. Your pictures looks like glass blades coming out of the ground. Really interesting to see all these little details
Im very happy to be the part of this forum. You guys are so welcome my minerals photos, far from greatness. Actually, minerals are all around us with thousands of different shapes, sometimes we don't notice about them: D. If you really take care about them, I'm sure you'll see them all around :D.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I see very few people collecting this mineral so I rarely see it on the market. So I don't really know it's expensive or not, but finding it in the nature is very difficult. I went to same quarry 10 times but i found just only 3 very small sample.

So you have a place near you where people extract minerals? I think that's great hobby, also you can learn about them too.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Im very happy to be the part of this forum. You guys are so welcome my minerals photos, far from greatness. Actually, minerals are all around us with thousands of different shapes, sometimes we don't notice about them: D. If you really take care about them, I'm sure you'll see them all around :D.

I don't think I will be able to find minerals in London. How you can find minerals?

• Love
Reactions: Tuyen Nguyen