Your opinion? Something's very interesting inside Basalt volcanic rock.

The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Let me introduce about my very proud mineral specimen: Levyne- Zeolites mineral group
I gathered this little cute crystals in active basalt quarry, not far from my own home. Very lucky for me, when i use hammer to break, all crystals cluster inside were not damaged.
FOV 8 mm
Canon 750d + Tube + Componon 35 mm
Settings: ISO 200 - 1/100s
Steps: 0.05 cm
Zerene stacker + Lightroom

Tuyen Nguyen

Aug 3, 2020
I don't think I will be able to find minerals in London. How you can find minerals?
Have you ever seen such a floor like that. Its made from Granite rock and it contains many minerals u can see with your naked eyes. In my hometown, i can see it very around, you can find some Iron ore, Quartz crystal inside.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Have you ever seen such a floor like that. Its made from Granite rock and it contains many minerals u can see with your naked eyes. In my hometown, i can see it very around, you can find some Iron ore, Quartz crystal inside. View attachment 6771

Yeah agree, I will definitely not take a hammer and trying to dig on that floor for crystals , imagine that.

Reactions: Tuyen Nguyen

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I'm just imagining the situation as Jack sits on this granite floor with a hammer!

We've a quarry near my hometown where I love to search for minerals and fossils.

Tuyen Nguyen

Aug 3, 2020
I'm just imagining the situation as Jack sits on this granite floor with a hammer!

We've a quarry near my hometown where I love to search for minerals and fossils.
yeah fossils, they are very cool too, i have some pieces but they are not small for macro photography

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020

Looking for minerals with a hammer in some banks .

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…