Music Song Recommendation

Let's talk about music, pop, jazz and others.

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
I have to go with Simon & Garfunkel's "The Sound of Silence" for quiet and thinking moods, and if you need a pick me up...like get up and look alive, Prince and the Revolution's "Let's Go Crazy".
I take this one too

Reactions: Dangerspouse

Dangerspouse

Aug 27, 2021
You like ballads? Try this one from Korean artist Younha. She sang it in both Korean and Japanese, as the theme song for a TV series that played in both countries. She has a voice and delivery that at times is reminiscent of Norah Jones. It's called "Until the Morning Comes". This is the Japanese language one.

I've always thought the song Prince wrote for Sinead O'Connor, "Nothing Compares to You" is still one of the best 'baby come back' ballands in the rock canon.

Country, huh? How about this: real Texas swing from Lyle Lovett and His Large Band. This regional beauty is called "That's Right, You're Not From Texas" and it's a classic. There are a bunch of live concert vids out there, but I always liked this studio version.

For a wild country treat, try the Dixie Dregs killer rip through the classic "Wabash Cannonball". It's called "The Bash", and has that great foot stompin' country vibe that only comes from native players.

Pop? Did you ever hear the last, unreleased song by ABBA called "I Am the City"? It was only finally included on their second Best Of album called "More ABBA Gold".

This should hold you for a bit, but I know tons more so if you need it, just ask again!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…