Your opinion? Sphodromantis Sp blue flash

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Amazing details on this picture, I can't see any noise on it. Did you used diffuser ?

Mantis Man

Apr 10, 2020
I used a diffuser, flash, tripod and macro sliding rail and a remote control to take the photo as one slight knock and well we know what happens there lol

Reactions: Jack

Mantis Man

Apr 10, 2020
I was also trying to capture the 3 eyes on there head at the top, i have also later realised some have another underneath them which i havent seen yet on the 80 species I have had so far. I am looking into a devil mantis next. Idolomantis diabolica look that up on google images, you will see why i want to take some photos of these huge ones.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I used a diffuser, flash, tripod and macro sliding rail and a remote control to take the photo as one slight knock and well we know what happens there lol

I have a slider , flash and a tripod, but never tried with a diffuser yet. Is that worth trying it ?

Reactions: Natalie

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I was also trying to capture the 3 eyes on there head at the top, i have also later realised some have another underneath them which i havent seen yet on the 80 species I have had so far. I am looking into a devil mantis next. Idolomantis diabolica look that up on google images, you will see why i want to take some photos of these huge ones.

You might need a Laowa lens for that, or you can shoot with normal lens if your insects are massive :D

Mantis Man

Apr 10, 2020
Yes it is, however my camera is so heavy and I need a better tripod so been looking around for one that also links underneath and does a 360. There is one on wish, however I shall not be ordering from china any time soon sadly

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Yes it is, however my camera is so heavy and I need a better tripod so been looking around for one that also links underneath and does a 360. There is one on wish, however I shall not be ordering from china any time soon sadly

Don't invest in cheap tripod, I had one from amazon made in China, and I wasn't really happy with it, was made from very cheap material. I prefer to spend money for a tripod which will last longer and I know that's reliable and I can unse heavy camera on it.