Want critique St. Paul Cathedral Coin

The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
Canon M50
Canon 100mm f2.8 L IS
f16
1/200
ISO 200

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
It was more brighter, and had to drop down the highlight, and to play with exposure to achieve this results. I will try again with other coins.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
St. Paul Cathedral Coins , how many of you seen Cathedral from London?

View attachment 5727

Is the cathedral still there? I never seen or heard about . . I thought about something from another country when read the title
I just know too less about London

Jack, you can try to reduce the highlights, and get more texture, the picture could be better - in my opinion

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020

Thanks nataliaflejszar&Photo , yes there is St. Paul Cathedral in London. I very touristic place .

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
Do you know, when i was young , my classroom and me gone to london for 4 days. the last day, teachers gave us free time, so my friends decided to go on shops. Me, i saw a group of persons, i decided to see why there is many people. I discuss with an old lady, and I told her why so many people, she told :"The queen may pass here wit her car". Ok , i don't know why people want to see that ... And, a great car arrived, stop in front of me, and ... who go out of the car , 1 meter front of me ? THE QUEEN ! OMG so lucky i'm ^^

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
Nice shot indeed and these coins are wonderful; not an easy task to sublimate the beauty of copper, or metal in general.
the framing is quite narrow, I would have probably taken a wider framing ; and also the background - what was it? like velvet? we can see every detail of that background as it's black
but again really nice shot!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020

morning Yohanna_D , thanks a lot for your comment. Regarding background, I use the surface from pandora box, which hold jeweller . i don’t have yet a proper box for shooting products

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
morning Yohanna_D , thanks a lot for your comment. Regarding background, I use the surface from pandora box, which hold jeweller . i don’t have yet a proper box for shooting products
YES, I know that pouch, I have some jewels too from that brand; so it's made of velvet; pay attention to that texture as it catches a lot of small particles and sometimes in photography they are not that good looking; a simple cotton fabric (well ironed) will do perfect (in my opinion) - less risk to have these particles.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…