Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The Photo Theme is closed for entries and commenting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Australian bush bee/ native bee. I've posted this species before. They are native to Australia and are much smaller than the introduced European honeybee, not very good fliers (they remind me of woodstock from Peanuts flying) and have larger eyes and are quite cute. The flower it is sitting on we call pigface and is a succulent which we find near the coast and I look for when looking for a type of peacock spider. Very strong vibrant magenta/purple colours on the flower which make a nice stage for an subject.

DSC02816.jpg
Sony a7iii, Loawa 100mm x2 macro lens, ISO 100, f/16, 1/160 sec, flash and diffuser, handheld.

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
Australian bush bee/ native bee. I've posted this species before. They are native to Australia and are much smaller than the introduced European honeybee, not very good fliers (they remind me of woodstock from Peanuts flying) and have larger eyes and are quite cute. The flower it is sitting on we call pigface and is a succulent which we find near the coast and I look for when looking for a type of peacock spider. Very strong vibrant magenta/purple colours on the flower which make a nice stage for an subject.

View attachment 19435
Sony a7iii, Loawa 100mm x2 macro lens, ISO 100, f/16, 1/160 sec, flash and diffuser, handheld.
OMGoodness this is such an exquisite capture ... the bee ... the colour ... framing flower. Perfect moment captured in time

• Smiling Face
Reactions: Chavezshutter

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Half-Bronze Sweat Bee (Lasioglossum hemichalceum). Another tiny native bee found while spider spotting.. DSC04777-1.jpg
Sony a7iii, Loawa 100mm x2 macro lens, ISO 125, f/11, 1/200 sec, flash and diffuser, handheld.

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Carpenter Bee. I found this poor bee in the gutter, dead. It was still a beauty, so I took it home and photographed it.
Canon 7DMk2, pentax auto bellows, Nikon-Nikkor EL 50mm lens mounted in reverse. Stacked image.
Hope you like my first post (not sure if I'm doing it right!!!)
Great stack A Andy W! post it in here https://macroderie.com/forums/stacked-pictures.66/ and we can give you a detailed opinion or critique. This thread here is more for leaving an image with some information but not so much for replies (threads with the green "Opened Theme" tag fall into the category), so you are more than welcome to leave this photo here but in depth opinion or critiques are for the link I've given you. Hope to see you there so we can give you some more feedback 😀

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.