Your opinion? The Grasshopper

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Fujifilm XT1
Fujinon 60mm
Macro extension tube MCEX16
ISO 320
F5.6
1/125s
No flash

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
Hi! Hows life?
This is one of the photos that I took during my morning walk. I spent 2 hours today until I got a call from my children's school informed me that my son fell sick again and had to fetch him.
Anyway, the grasshopper was quite calm, it didn't move a bit when I photographed it. If only all insects as calm as this grasshopper 🤣.
Hope you like it.

2022_0303_23150600 (1).jpg

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Nice shot lovitazoe lovitazoe 😁

Lovely greens, good bokeh, tight framing but everything is in there. Focus looks good on the grasshopper's body but I am not sure if the eye is sharp, its close. I see you are working closer with those extension tubes, very neat. Nice work! 👍

• Smiling Face
Reactions: lovitazoe

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
Nice shot lovitazoe lovitazoe 😁

Lovely greens, good bokeh, tight framing but everything is in there. Focus looks good on the grasshopper's body but I am not sure if the eye is sharp, its close. I see you are working closer with those extension tubes, very neat. Nice work! 👍
It's not sharp around the eyes. Feel a bit overexposed too. Can I blame it to the Godox flash that I attach on my camera even though I didn't use it for this photo😂? It's so heavy 🤣. I still can not get used to it.
Don't you think it's a bit overexposed too?

• Haha
Reactions: Chavezshutter

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
It's not sharp around the eyes. Feel a bit overexposed too. Can I blame it to the Godox flash that I attach on my camera even though I didn't use it for this photo😂? It's so heavy 🤣. I still can not get used to it.
Don't you think it's a bit overexposed too?
To my eyes it doesn't look overexposed. I would add that I think you are heading into flash territory with these closer shots. Expect a steep learning curve with a flash, at first you will not like it and may not want to use it but persevere with it and you may end up asking yourself "why didnt I get into this sooner?". I did when I got the hang of the flash game.

I have strong opinions about flash, particularly in close up work, I wrote a thread about it a while back, since then I do a lot more natural light macro myself and you would think I may have changed my mind about how important a flash is BUT - and you could say I am stubborn about this 🤣 - I double down on my views on it. It is all but a MUST to have flash in most macro scenarios but not all, but thats just my point of view. Show us some of your flash macro lovitazoe lovitazoe 😀😀😀, turn that thing on if youre gonna carry it at least 😆

Last edited:

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
To my eyes it doesn't look overexposed. I would add that I think you are heading into flash territory with these closer shots. Expect a steep learning curve with a flash, at first you will not like it and may not want to use it but persevere with it and you may end up asking yourself "why didnt I get into this sooner?". I did when I got the hang of the flash game.

I have strong opinions about flash, particularly in close up work, I wrote a thread about it a while back, since then I do a lot more natural light macro myself and you would think I may have changed my mind about how important a flash is BUT - and you could say I am stubborn about this 🤣 - I double down on my views on it. It is all but a MUST to have flash in most macro scenarios but not all, but thats just my point of view. Show us some of your flash macro lovitazoe lovitazoe 😀😀😀, turn that thing on if youre gonna carry it at least 😆
You've read my mind! 🤣
But I will learn about it.
I will post some of my flash macro photos soon. Please help me how to improve later 😃.

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
You've read my mind! 🤣
But I will learn about it.
I will post some of my flash macro photos soon. Please help me how to improve later 😃.
No worries, I will see where you are at when I see your flash shots, in the meantime if you have not looked already diffusion is a must

• Smiling Face
Reactions: lovitazoe