Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
Provincial flower for Alberta, the Prickly Rose (Rosa acicularis) is found all over the Boreal Forest and at the Whooping Crane Summer Range, Wood Buffalo National Park, Northwest Territories, Canada. Ramsar site no. 240. [HASH=1659]#flora[/HASH] [HASH=1363]#theNorth[/HASH] [HASH=1653]#BorealForest[/HASH] [HASH=1677]#Alberta[/HASH] [HASH=697]#Ramsarconvention[/HASH] [HASH=696]#Ramsarsites[/HASH]
IMG_4522_ds.jpg
Canon EOS M100 • EF-M28mm f/3.5 MACRO IS STM • ƒ/5.6 28.0 mm 1/160 100 Flash (off, did not fire)

HegeStensland

Aug 25, 2020
Nice collection of pretty photos! I do live in Norway, but I live kinda south in Norway, so I don't feel like "the north" 😅 In Stavanger, where I live now, it often just feels like two seasons: autumn and spring. It was strange having -7 degree celcius here this winter:LOL: In Kristiansand, further south in Norway (my birthtown, where I have lived almost all my life) all four seasons is way more clear! 😂 So strange! There it can be -20 degree celcius in winter (although normally not that cold). And summertimes are so much better! A good place to be in summer holidays :D

• Love
Reactions: Greg Shchepanek

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
Nice collection of pretty photos! I do live in Norway, but I live kinda south in Norway, so I don't feel like "the north" 😅 In Stavanger, where I live now, it often just feels like two seasons: autumn and spring. It was strange having -7 degree celcius here this winter:LOL: In Kristiansand, further south in Norway (my birthtown, where I have lived almost all my life) all four seasons is way more clear! 😂 So strange! There it can be -20 degree celcius in winter (although normally not that cold). And summertimes are so much better! A good place to be in summer holidays :D
I will welcome photos and macros that have the name North in them sample could be a migratory bird or a flower species that is found in the North and so has a Northern name to it.

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
Sample of a Northern flower species that creeps to the South: Northern Starflower (Lysimachia borealis ssp. borealis) Bill Mason Centre, Dunrobin, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. [HASH=1659]#flora[/HASH] [HASH=1363]#theNorth[/HASH]
IMG_6166_ds.jpg
Canon EOS M100 • EF-M28mm f/3.5 MACRO IS STM • ƒ/5.6 28.0 mm 1/1600 200 Flash (off, did not fire)

HegeStensland

Aug 25, 2020
I will welcome photos and macros that have the name North in them sample could be a migratory bird or a flower species that is found in the North and so has a Northern name to it.
I don't really know what species of flower etc. that are typical for the north... I have some guesses, but I don't want to investigate every flower or bug that might be a typical northern thing, sorry...:rolleyes:

HegeStensland

Aug 25, 2020
Sample of a Northern flower species that creeps to the South: Northern Starflower (Lysimachia borealis ssp. borealis) Bill Mason Centre, Dunrobin, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. [HASH=1659]#flora[/HASH] [HASH=1363]#theNorth[/HASH]
View attachment 10778
Canon EOS M100 • EF-M28mm f/3.5 MACRO IS STM • ƒ/5.6 28.0 mm 1/1600 200 Flash (off, did not fire)
This one I love searching for at spring :D They are so nice! They are growing in the forest right behind my childhome :D

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
I don't really know what species of flower etc. that are typical for the north... I have some guesses, but I don't want to investigate every flower or bug that might be a typical northern thing, sorry...:rolleyes:
That is okay, Here in Canada 🇨🇦 because we are an Arctic country we have lots of examples of how the North influences the rest of our country two times a year we experience the great bird migration from North to South and then back again...so we get to see a large number of Northern species moving through our area.