Want critique Tiger Beetle

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
none available

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
For me that's up to photographer where he want the subject in the the frame. Personally I always prefer the subject in the middle of the frame.
now that u mentioned i i tend to agree that for macro subjects best to have it in the center - cheers mate
I don't agree to this. I photographed a lot of insects last season and most of the pictures looks better with the 1/3 rule than putting the insect in the middle. I would say, that it makes more sense for extreme macros but not for macro/close ups.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Your picture looks so beautiful! I love especially the shining and colorful exoskeleton! But the whole beetle looks somehow really cool!

ChanPaul

Feb 5, 2021
That's our standards and why we've opened. We are not just an other site where people just drop images and expects millions of likes. I do believe in art. But yes ChanPaul ChanPaul , do comment on other images too :).
i wish i could comment on others posting but being a newbiee and not computer or photo editing apps savy i really can't comment - some of the comments i received like adding some grains to the photo i can't even compute what that means but slowly i will learn then when in a position too i will comment

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
That's our standards and why we've opened. We are not just an other site where people just drop images and expects millions of likes. I do believe in art. But yes ChanPaul ChanPaul , do comment on other images too :).
i wish i could comment on others posting but being a newbiee and not computer or photo editing apps savy i really can't comment - some of the comments i received like adding some grains to the photo i can't even compute what that means but slowly i will learn then when in a position too i will comment
Do you really think, that you need to be trained with Photoshop or Lightroom or that you need to be an expert in photography to give comments to other posts / pictures?

You have two eyes, a heart and you love photography.. what else do you need? Everyone analyses a pictures and knows if it's to bright or not. Or if you think that it might look better if you place the insects more to the left or more to the right side based on your experiences and your personal taste.

We would really appreciate comments from everyone and it doesn't count if you're a newbie or an expert. Otherwise our community won't work...

And by the way... you're far away to be a newbie! Your pictures are first class and that's not the result of a newbie. Don't hide your light under a bushel!

ChanPaul

Feb 5, 2021
Do you really think, that you need to be trained with Photoshop or Lightroom or that you need to be an expert in photography to give comments to other posts / pictures?

You have two eyes, a heart and you love photography.. what else do you need? Everyone analyses a pictures and knows if it's to bright or not. Or if you think that it might look better if you place the insects more to the left or more to the right side based on your experiences and your personal taste.

We would really appreciate comments from everyone and it doesn't count if you're a newbie or an expert. Otherwise our community won't work...

And by the way... you're far away to be a newbie! Your pictures are first class and that's not the result of a newbie. Don't hide your light under a bushel!
most of the time friends tells me what settings to use otherwise i'll have to keep shooting and resetting the parameters over and over again - in this respect i say i am a newbiee as i still have to depend on them but those days will soon be hopefully over as i am starting to get the hang of macro - got meself a new Sony 90mm macro lens but unable to try it since the lockdown in Marco 2020

Desc1234

Jan 6, 2021
Tiger Beetles are a large group of beetles from the Cicindeliane subfamily and is known for their aggressive predatory habits and running speed

The fastest known species of tiger beetle, Cicindela Hudsoni can run at a speed of 9 km/h (5.6 mph; 2.5 m/s), or about 125 body lengths per second - as of 2005, about 2,600 species and subspecies were known, with the richest diversity in the Oriental (Indo-Malayan) region, followed by the Neotropic

Tiger beetles often have large bulging eyes, long, slender legs and large curved mandibles - all are predatory, both as adults and as larvae

The fast-moving adults run down their prey and are extremely fast on the wing, their reaction times being of the same order as that of common houseflies - some tiger beetles in the tropics are arboreal, but most run on the surface of the ground and they live along sea and lake shores, on sand dunes, around playa lakebeds and on clay banks or woodland paths, being particularly fond of sandy surfaces

Tiger beetles display an unusual form of pursuit in which they alternatively sprint quickly toward their prey, then stop and visually reorient - his may be because while running, the beetle is moving too fast for its visual system to accurately process images and to avoid obstacles while running they hold their antennae rigidly and directly in front of them to mechanically sense their environment

The oldest fossil tiger beetle yet found, Cretotetracha Grandis comes from the Yixian Formation in Inner Mongolia, China, and dates to the early Cretaceous Period, 125 million years ago
Very interesting insect, and sharp. I might have moved it a little more to the centre, as there's a lot of space behind it, but that's just my personal taste.