What are you using to retouch images ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hello. I was wondering, what are you using to retouch your images, an laptop or PC. Personally I’m using a laptop ,as I don’t have a pc . But my laptop seems to be strong enough to handle hard editing and multiple tasks. How about you ?

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
Hi Jack Jack ! I always use a PC because my first hobby is video games, and it sucks on laptop :p

Reactions: Jack

Laszlo.kladni

Oct 14, 2020
I use PC because I don't have a working laptop plus I built the PC for image processing (retouching, big stacks, gigapixel panoramas, etc.).

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I know a PC is much more stronger than a laptop. But I believe nowadays you can do a lot with an laptop as well. Especially with latest versions.

Laszlo.kladni

Oct 14, 2020
I know a PC is much more stronger than a laptop. But I believe nowadays you can do a lot with an laptop as well. Especially with latest versions.
A high end laptop can do the same as a PC in terms of photo editing so yeah. I chose PC because a laptop of the same caliber would have been really expensive and I don't need the mobility but I need the big displays and the option to modify the interior if needed (extra HDDs, RAM, etc.).

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
A high end laptop can do the same as a PC in terms of photo editing so yeah. I chose PC because a laptop of the same caliber would have been really expensive and I don't need the mobility but I need the big displays and the option to modify the interior if needed (extra HDDs, RAM, etc.).

That's the benefit having a proper PC as you can build it as you wish and what will fit your needs when on laptop that's limited. But yes, I do prefer laptop because it's compact and can be taken away everywhere, and yes high end laptop cost more than a PC, but there are definitely some exceptions.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I'm using a Dell G5 5587 which has more than enough power for my 4k display. Doesn't matter if I play a game, render a stack or edit my pictures in Photoshop.
I'm really satisfied with it! Especially because I don't have a desk for a normal computer.

Reactions: Jack and 1of1Images

Rene Rufer

May 21, 2020
I use a laptop (HP spectre). It makes it possible to view pictures in good size and secure them during your holiday trip.
At home, I use an additional screen in better resolution 3840 x 2160 (HP Envy).
I try to make good pictures on site and to rework as less as possible! for this I use Lightroom from Adobe (still the old version without subscription). Unfortunately, Adobe no longer offers a lifetime license. I’m only an amateur photographer.
I don't want a subscription and for this reason, i think about a change: for example, capture-one!
The software must be simple and gives fun.