What are you using to retouch images ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I use an Asus mini PC. It’s about half as big as a box of cereal. It’s just powerful enough to handle the large pictures from my camera (60mp) with a 4K monitor. I use Photoshop to process my photos. Currently I’m processing my photos on an iPad Pro through Lightroom. It does pretty good but I don’t like the storage set up. Gotta figure a quick and easy way to get the photos I want to save onto my pc.

Never tried to retouch images on my ipad. How efficient is that? I guess storage can be an issue. Also, how you transferring your photos into ipad, via catalogues?

NotmeyouFOOL

Nov 3, 2020
Never tried to retouch images on my ipad. How efficient is that? I guess storage can be an issue. Also, how you transferring your photos into ipad, via catalogues?
I have the 12 inch iPad Pro so processing photos is pretty easy. I pull them straight from the memory with a SD dongle. I part I don't like is getting them back onto my PC. I'll have use some kind of online service like dropbox and hope I can get my RAW files and processed images into my PC storage.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I'm playing Watchdogs legion. It's in your country :p

I heard. But never played. Here usually everyone plays on Xbox or PlayStation. Unfortunately, I'm not that big gamer 😁

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I have the 12 inch iPad Pro so processing photos is pretty easy. I pull them straight from the memory with a SD dongle. I part I don't like is getting them back onto my PC. I'll have use some kind of online service like dropbox and hope I can get my RAW files and processed images into my PC storage.

I tried to import files from my m50 via WiFi to my tablet. Did worked, but haven't tried to edit them. Also I don't have Adobe installed on my tablet.

So, to export files from tablet to pc, you use same method?

NotmeyouFOOL

Nov 3, 2020
I tried to import files from my m50 via WiFi to my tablet. Did worked, but haven't tried to edit them. Also I don't have Adobe installed on my tablet.

So, to export files from tablet to pc, you use same method?
No, I'll probably upload my processed pictures to my dropbox account and then download them onto my PC.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I don’t like it but at least I know my iPad can do it when ever I‘m out of town.

Have you think to buy a mini laptop for retouching? To replace the ipad. Probably the process will be easier and quicker.