Photography What's means photography?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
This thread is about general or macro photography discussion. Feel free to talk as much as you want :).

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
We are all here photographers. But would like to know, what means photography for you? I bet everyone will have different thoughts and opinions about this, and will be an interesting topic to discuss.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Mhh.. what means photography to me... so well. it's some kind of expression for me. It's my way to show people how I see the world. Especially the details of mother nature.

But it's also my way to relax and get a clear mind again. It feels a bit like the time becomes slower during my shootings and everything and everyone fades out.

It's always a journey for me... a journey of light, shapes and colors. Of little wonders and details which we won't recognize if we just pass them. But it also teaches me patience and endurance and brings me joy if I have taken a great shot.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I forgot to write what photography means for me.

First of all, photography for me means. A way of being myself, looking through the lens and capture those moments which I can enjoy them later. Also, it's means for me to be creative and productive as well, as we all have our daily routine, by doing photography you might learn something new, you might meet someone who can become friend later and you feel yourself by doing it.

I think photography is kind of digital art, as years back, there was people who painted images, nowadays you just use camera for 'painting'.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Mhh.. what means photography to me... so well. it's some kind of expression for me. It's my way to show people how I see the world. Especially the details of mother nature.

But it's also my way to relax and get a clear mind again. It feels a bit like the time becomes slower during my shootings and everything and everyone fades out.

It's always a journey for me... a journey of light, shapes and colors. Of little wonders and details which we won't recognize if we just pass them. But it also teaches me patience and endurance and brings me joy if I have taken a great shot.
Having own world through the lens, that's what I have as well, and I guess everyone has its own world.

Reactions: Helix_2648

ChanPaul

Feb 5, 2021
Photography to mean is a means of capturing the present and presenting it as the past to my future generation

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Great topic!

I started photography at a very young age. I took my first photos at the age of ten or eleven... If you would ask me then what is photography I would probably give no clear answer. I just loved that I could hold a camera in my hands and capture images! This was the first feeling i remember which was very intense. The second thing I remember was that, in the beginning I just couldn't capture and express photographically, on the print, what I was seeing and feeling at the same time. Logical though, cause I had no experience and knowledge. My uncle and my father helped me a lot, as they already, new photography and provided me knowledge and inspiration to drive me towards self improvement.

For me photography is something very personal and very esoteric. It took me some years to realize exactly how photography was coming out of me.
I'm an introvert person. Photography is the extroversion of myself.
I'm also a dreamer. A thinker. And in trough photography i try to express how I see things around me with the eyes of my soul.
Photography is my psychotherapy. It is something that takes everything out of my mind. When I hold my camera it is like I'm in my own world. I sometimes don't pay attention around to anything.
Photography is something I do with my whole Be!

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
Photography = a snapshot of a certain instant once the photographer had enough time to admire that exact instant!
= a way to emphasize how beautiful nature is.
= means of escaping from the ugliness of the human traces (deforestation, pollution, pandemics etc)
= one of the 7 arts
= a faster way to paint a painting
= the opportunity to meet great people in real life and even get the chance to organise some exhibitions.
And the list can go on!

Last edited:
Reactions: panos_adgr and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Great topic!

I started photography at a very young age. I took my first photos at the age of ten or eleven... If you would ask me then what is photography I would probably give no clear answer. I just loved that I could hold a camera in my hands and capture images! This was the first feeling i remember which was very intense. The second thing I remember was that, in the beginning I just couldn't capture and express photographically, on the print, what I was seeing and feeling at the same time. Logical though, cause I had no experience and knowledge. My uncle and my father helped me a lot, as they already, new photography and provided me knowledge and inspiration to drive me towards self improvement.

For me photography is something very personal and very esoteric. It took me some years to realize exactly how photography was coming out of me.
I'm an introvert person. Photography is the extroversion of myself.
I'm also a dreamer. A thinker. And in trough photography i try to express how I see things around me with the eyes of my soul.
Photography is my psychotherapy. It is something that takes everything out of my mind. When I hold my camera it is like I'm in my own world. I sometimes don't pay attention around to anything.
Photography is something I do with my whole Be!
Thanks for input. There are some things which we got in common, example I'm introvert as well. And really like to have camera with me when there is nice weather outside.

You can discover so much when doing photography, no matter which type, macro or street, is still a way to relax your mind and be yourself.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Photography = a snapshot of a certain instant once the photographer had enough time to admire that exact instant!
= a way to emphasize how beautiful nature is.
= means of escaping from the ugliness of the human traces (deforestation, pollution, pandemics etc)
= one of the 7 arts
= a faster way to paint a painting
= the opportunity to meet great people in real life and even get the chance to organise some exhibitions.
And the list can go on!
Agree with you Yohanna_D Yohanna_D , the list can go on. However, you mentioned the most important once. Personally for me doesn't matter the equipment, matter the results and the quality.

• Love
Reactions: Yohanna_D