Your opinion? When heaven is closer than you think...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
f/4, 1/500s, iso 1000, 100mm, no tripod, no flash, Canon 5D mk III

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
Hi friends,
This picture was taken this year; I know that lately I have been showing you oldies but goodies, but it was my wish to make those old photos live again. So they re-surface and they still bring me joy.
I hope you would like this photo too.
Huge thanks for your lovely feedback.
Best regards.
986A5087_modif_1.jpg

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
I own 100mm L f2.8 too, but never tried to achieve such of results, is there some specific needs or surroundings ?
Well it was taken at the end of the day at 10:11 pm to be more precise so the dew is there a bit, and some blades of grass are more shiny and so you can use them as source of flares; as for the main flare that is more prominent in the foreground, that's another story that I can share in a private message ;)

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Well it was taken at the end of the day at 10:11 pm to be more precise so the dew is there a bit, and some blades of grass are more shiny and so you can use them as source of flares; as for the main flare that is more prominent in the foreground, that's another story that I can share in a private message ;)

I need to try that. Usually if I need to add flare effects , I do them through Photoshop, so basically clean renders on image. This can be a good tutorial if you want to create one ;)

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
I need to try that. Usually if I need to add flare effects , I do them through Photoshop, so basically clean renders on image. This can be a good tutorial if you want to create one ;)
I see; but I hardly ever change the background or the elements present in the original photo; what I do is more tweeking with luminosity, vibrance and contrast, curves or balance of colors; that's all. again nothing too dramatic in fact šŸ™ƒ

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I see; but I hardly ever change the background or the elements present in the original photo; what I do is more tweeking with luminosity, vibrance and contrast, curves or balance of colors; that's all. again nothing too dramatic in fact šŸ™ƒ

I know what you saying, but also depending on what you are trying to achieve within post processing, or if you missed something from composition and you want that on your frame. :)

Reactions: Yohanna_D