Your opinion? Wild flower

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Canon 6d, Canon 100mm f2.8L @iso100 f16, 1/160sec, speedlight with diy diffuser.
D

Deleted member 310

Pretty colors, your DOF is very short, your focus is just at the start of the petals :unsure:,which gives an impression of blur

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
At this time in Hokkaido, Japan, it is start of Summer season. Insects and spiders still hard to come by. I found this tiny little flower and like simple combinations of colors.
View attachment 14240

Nice colours and lighting jhanx jhanx , but this focus.. :unsure:, maybe would like to more DOF and sharpnesson this picture..

Attachments

• IMG_9205.md.png
    IMG_9205.md.png
    172.4 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Jack

jhanx

Jun 6, 2020
Hi All!

Thanks for your comment about the focus! it is already at f16 and hand held. Yup i missed focus, and should have focused on the tip of the petals :D About the center part of the flower, focus stacking is the only way to solve it, i believe :D
Someday, I will buy focus rail and tripod that i can tilt and point lower near ground,

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
This is not bad jhanx jhanx , but there is not all flower in focus, probably you could improve this by having a tripod and focus rail, as been mentioned already ;)

Bart the belgian

May 17, 2020
At this time in Hokkaido, Japan, it is start of Summer season. Insects and spiders still hard to come by. I found this tiny little flower and like simple combinations of colors.
View attachment 14272
Hello, i'm New in the world of macro but I'll try to explain my feelings about this pic. The yellow is not Sharp (it can be that you wanted this). For me the colours aren't bright enough. But then again i'm not à pro.

Attachments

• IMG_9205.md.png
    IMG_9205.md.png
    172.4 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Karl and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hello, i'm New in the world of macro but I'll try to explain my feelings about this pic. The yellow is not Sharp (it can be that you wanted this). For me the colours aren't bright enough. But then again i'm not à pro.

I don't think someone on this site is pro, there are just photographers with more experience in my view, apart from our forum Mentors, and others. But it's always good to have different opinions and critics. :)

Reactions: Karl

jhanx

Jun 6, 2020
Thank you for your comments! The yellow part is un-intended. As I explained above, I believe it can only be solved using focus stacking. :) or maybe I should have shot a little farther, and cropped the image in post.
About "colours aren't bright," do you mean you like more luminance on the purple part?

Reactions: Karl and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Thank you for your comments! The yellow part is un-intended. As I explained above, I believe it can only be solved using focus stacking. :) or maybe I should have shot a little farther, and cropped the image in post.
About "colours aren't bright," do you mean you like more luminance on the purple part?

The image is not really in focus because of your f stop, if you'd bring it to f/15-22 , I'm pretty sure you could achieve more details and more in focus.

Reactions: Karl and jhanx