Your beginner mistakes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
Hi !!!!
I loved when we shared about our first macro shots !

Now I wanna ear your stories about your photography mistakes !

I open first :p

When I start photography, I want to make portraits, then we go outside when my wife at the Versailles park.
Then I shoot many portrait, it was good on the camera screen. So when we go back home I transfert my picture on PC.
And nothings good ... I forgot to change ISO ... All the pictures with ISO 1600 ...

I will told you other stories later ^^ Hope you'll like it !

isulanu

Aug 7, 2020
the problem of isos, I think it's a blow that has happened to us all, going out one morning in macro, with the settings of the day before, for night outings (Milky Way ...):( ... it is me also happened to leave with the battery discharged, or go on a trip without the charger ... forced to find a universal charger. Once, I left for 15 days in Tuscany and Umbria .... and after 8 days, I had already filled a memory card ... luckily I was in Peruggia, a big city where I was able to found a new one ... since then I always leave with 3memory cards:)...and 2 battery!

ManesNera

Aug 29, 2020
When I started most of the shots was very underexposed or overexposed with no shapness😄 and for the night photography... yeah I not even looked how everything was not in focus. Checked screen for a sec and I was omg how good photos look and left home. Unloaded to pc, checked and deleted all. Wasted a lot of time😆 but lessons learned. Dont leave the shoot till you get done image😄

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
Ahah isulanu isulanu ! I know that :p When a was on holidays I took only 1 SD , so I took only jpeg, no raw :p I bought 2 more batteries, but never changed, when i go back home , I go outside with my camera out of power, I took 10 pictures then I want to change battery, tring my new battery, and .... I bought the bad model , did not enter in my camera lol !

ManesNera

Aug 29, 2020
I allways have extra batteries and card😄 had like 4 or 5 32gb sd cards, just to be safe😆 and now I'm good with one xqd car in camera with 128gb and extra one with 64gb😄

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I made (and still making) a lot of (more or less) stupid mistakes. Mostly I forgot to change my settings during my shooting. e.g. if I switch between stacking and single shots or flash and sun light.

I remember a story during new year's eve 2014/2015. I wanted to take pictures of the skyline from my hometown with all the beautiful lights and the fireworks. We was a bit late and the firework already started. I build up my tripod as fast as I could and tried some settings in order to get some nice shots. Unfortunately my cam wasn't able to auto focus during the night with all the effects. I wasn't sure what to do and was totally confused and upset about it. I found the solution by chance because I just tried to push or pull all buttons on my cam. So I switched to manual mode and was able to take one or two shots before the whole firework was over.

• Haha

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
Ahah Helix_2648 Helix_2648 , I see the moment when you try and didn't get what you want.
I start being confused ... What can I do ?! lol

Here a second story :
Today ... When I received my new lens 3 weeks ago, I tried to put my raynox 250 on it, but impossible cause it's 46 diameter ... So I look at the raynox lens and see 49 diameter. Then I buy a ring 46->49 ... But I didn't notice that 49 diameter is for the lens, ans not the entry of the lens ...
I can put an other adaptator for a flash ring, so I put my 46->49 on the adaptator ring, and put the raynox on the adaptator, but it can drop (no threads).
SO, today i saw my first jumping spider on my balcony, I jump on my camera, put adaptator and raynox, I shoot , and ... The raynox drops ... on the ground ... from my balcony .... 2nd floor.

I just saw 65€ break ... I go dawn to take it back and ... NO PROBLEM lol.
Go back home, go amazon , go buy a good adaptator lol

• Haha