Your beginner mistakes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Those are some funny stories :ROFLMAO: :p:ROFLMAO:.

I have done all the mistakes that we all make along the journey, but the one that still upsets me to this day is from my last visit to Tasmania. I ended up with 3x 64GB cards worth of photos, it should have been 4 but while shooting at night and needing space I erased all of the photos from what i thought was a card that had been backed up, it was the wrong non-backup card and i lost almost 1500 photos (full days worth of shooting in beautiful Tasmanian wilderness) with that mistake. Let's just say I do my card backup a lot differently now and I wont be making the same mistake again. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
My first mistakes in photography... hmmm.... there were many... šŸ˜‚ šŸ¤Ŗ
  • most of my pictures blurred
  • most of my picture under exposed
  • most of my picture over exposed
  • most of my pictures - out of frame or badly framed (a lot of subjects had something cut: a leg, an arm, an antena, a wing etc)

• Haha
Reactions: ManesNera and Greg

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
Yes Yohanna_D Yohanna_D averybody who start photography made those mistakes, that's normal :p It's take many time to understand parameters and technics.
Did you ever made the mistake of forget to remove the lens cap ? lol
"Why my picture is black ?! " lol

Reactions: Yohanna_D

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
Yes Yohanna_D Yohanna_D averybody who start photography made those mistakes, that's normal :p It's take many time to understand parameters and technics.
Did you ever made the mistake of forget to remove the lens cap ? lol
"Why my picture is black ?! " lol
No, I never forgot to to remove the lens cap to shoot; however more than once I forgot my SD card to insert in my camera so no chance I could take photos! šŸ˜‚ šŸ¤£

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
lol yes, I did that mistake when I started my water drop try, I try a first time, I remove the SD to put it in my computer, then I go back for shooting and ... "ERROR : SD CARD MISSING" F**K ! lol

• Haha

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
That's exactly how we forget the SD card: we insert it our computers to upload our photos and we forget about it; then we take our camera and we go out to shoot again and then... DRAMA happens šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ¤Ŗ šŸ¤Ŗ šŸ¤Ŗ

• Haha
Reactions: Greg

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
The same when I forget to remove manual focus ... I see something I wanna shot, I pull triger and ... nothing happen lol

• Haha

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Forgetting the high ISO it's fine, imagine me forgetting the battery for the camera home, luckily I had a second camera with me, but had to keep an eye on battery life, as mirroless cameras are eating more battery then the bigger one.

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
oh yes that the bad point of mirrorless ... Camera full battery = 250 pictures, My reflex 500 minimum. But i just bought 2 more batteries for 30ā‚¬ :p

Reactions: Jack