Your beginner mistakes

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
Hi !!!!
I loved when we shared about our first macro shots !

Now I wanna ear your stories about your photography mistakes !

I open first

When I start photography, I want to make portraits, then we go outside when my wife at the Versailles park.
Then I shoot many portrait, it was good on the camera screen. So when we go back home I transfert my picture on PC.
And nothings good ... I forgot to change ISO ... All the pictures with ISO 1600 ...

I will told you other stories later ^^ Hope you'll like it !

isulanu

Aug 7, 2020
the problem of isos, I think it's a blow that has happened to us all, going out one morning in macro, with the settings of the day before, for night outings (Milky Way ...) ... it is me also happened to leave with the battery discharged, or go on a trip without the charger ... forced to find a universal charger. Once, I left for 15 days in Tuscany and Umbria .... and after 8 days, I had already filled a memory card ... luckily I was in Peruggia, a big city where I was able to found a new one ... since then I always leave with 3memory cards...and 2 battery!

ManesNera

Aug 29, 2020
When I started most of the shots was very underexposed or overexposed with no shapness and for the night photography... yeah I not even looked how everything was not in focus. Checked screen for a sec and I was omg how good photos look and left home. Unloaded to pc, checked and deleted all. Wasted a lot of time but lessons learned. Dont leave the shoot till you get done image

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
Ahah isulanu ! I know that When a was on holidays I took only 1 SD , so I took only jpeg, no raw I bought 2 more batteries, but never changed, when i go back home , I go outside with my camera out of power, I took 10 pictures then I want to change battery, tring my new battery, and .... I bought the bad model , did not enter in my camera lol !

ManesNera

Aug 29, 2020
I allways have extra batteries and card had like 4 or 5 32gb sd cards, just to be safe and now I'm good with one xqd car in camera with 128gb and extra one with 64gb

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I made (and still making) a lot of (more or less) stupid mistakes. Mostly I forgot to change my settings during my shooting. e.g. if I switch between stacking and single shots or flash and sun light.

I remember a story during new year's eve 2014/2015. I wanted to take pictures of the skyline from my hometown with all the beautiful lights and the fireworks. We was a bit late and the firework already started. I build up my tripod as fast as I could and tried some settings in order to get some nice shots. Unfortunately my cam wasn't able to auto focus during the night with all the effects. I wasn't sure what to do and was totally confused and upset about it. I found the solution by chance because I just tried to push or pull all buttons on my cam. So I switched to manual mode and was able to take one or two shots before the whole firework was over.

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
Ahah Helix_2648 , I see the moment when you try and didn't get what you want.
I start being confused ... What can I do ?! lol

Here a second story :
Today ... When I received my new lens 3 weeks ago, I tried to put my raynox 250 on it, but impossible cause it's 46 diameter ... So I look at the raynox lens and see 49 diameter. Then I buy a ring 46->49 ... But I didn't notice that 49 diameter is for the lens, ans not the entry of the lens ...
I can put an other adaptator for a flash ring, so I put my 46->49 on the adaptator ring, and put the raynox on the adaptator, but it can drop (no threads).
SO, today i saw my first jumping spider on my balcony, I jump on my camera, put adaptator and raynox, I shoot , and ... The raynox drops ... on the ground ... from my balcony .... 2nd floor.

I just saw 65€ break ... I go dawn to take it back and ... NO PROBLEM lol.
Go back home, go amazon , go buy a good adaptator lol

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020

I have imagined your face as the lens falls down! But good to know that nothing happens!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…