Begginer Advantage of full frame over crop camera

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member opened a beginner discussion, do give the best advice and tips regarding the topic subject.

kzurro

1 1
Dec 21, 2020
I know when shooting with a crop camera, you get extra reach, which on Canon is 1.6x.
that's a huge misconception. you don't get more reach, you get a cropped image, hence the name "crop camera". take any image you currently have and crop it, have you got more reach? no, you just have cropped it.

as @Helix_2648 already pointed, you get better ISO and dinamic range. how much? that depends on the cameras that you compare, but around 1 stop of improvement.
actually I'm saying the lens is not good enough for the crop camera.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I know when shooting with a crop camera, you get extra reach, which on Canon is 1.6x.
that's a huge misconception. you don't get more reach, you get a cropped image, hence the name "crop camera". take any image you currently have and crop it, have you got more reach? no, you just have cropped it.

as @Helix_2648 already pointed, you get better ISO and dinamic range. how much? that depends on the cameras that you compare, but around 1 stop of improvement.
alright, then I'll need to start saving for a full frame camera to use my L lenses.