Want critique Brachyscome Daisy

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
DMC-G81
f2.8 ISO200 1/15
60mm
Stack of 36 photos

Baenki

Sep 9, 2020
Helix_2648 Helix_2648 great tutorials for Dodge & Burn an masking. I don't know if I can replicate them exactly with Affinity but they gave me a good idea how to approach it.

The dodge and burn tool seems to be the same in my software and seems to work similar as my approach of painting a grayscale mask, I'll try if out. For masking I found an option to set luminance blend ranges via a curve. That will probably allow me to select different luminance and also apply shadows and highlights as gradients.

I'll try when I have time.
Thanks.

Baenki

Sep 9, 2020
Did an overhaul with the tips from Helix_2648 Helix_2648. New stack from the ground up, because I realized I exported 8bit Tifs instead of 16bit. 16bit improved the out of the box stacking results.

Added some slight Dodge&Burn in the petals using Luminosity blend ranges and turned the background even darker. This version has a little more violet petals.

Fullstack1redo_dodgeburn.jpg

• Italian Face
  • Love
Reactions: Helix_2648 and Greg

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Much better Baenki Baenki! Glad that you were able to implement my tips in your post-processing! It looks much more natural and plastic. It's really poping and looks fantastic. I darken sometimes parts of the stem or the petals to create a more mystic ambience. Like a spot from beside to work a but with light and shadow.

Reactions: Baenki