Want critique Brachyscome Daisy

The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
DMC-G81
f2.8 ISO200 1/15
60mm
Stack of 36 photos

Baenki

Sep 9, 2020
Helix_2648 great tutorials for Dodge & Burn an masking. I don't know if I can replicate them exactly with Affinity but they gave me a good idea how to approach it.

The dodge and burn tool seems to be the same in my software and seems to work similar as my approach of painting a grayscale mask, I'll try if out. For masking I found an option to set luminance blend ranges via a curve. That will probably allow me to select different luminance and also apply shadows and highlights as gradients.

I'll try when I have time.
Thanks.

Baenki

Sep 9, 2020
Did an overhaul with the tips from Helix_2648. New stack from the ground up, because I realized I exported 8bit Tifs instead of 16bit. 16bit improved the out of the box stacking results.

Added some slight Dodge&Burn in the petals using Luminosity blend ranges and turned the background even darker. This version has a little more violet petals.

Reactions: Helix_2648 and Greg

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Much better Baenki! Glad that you were able to implement my tips in your post-processing! It looks much more natural and plastic. It's really poping and looks fantastic. I darken sometimes parts of the stem or the petals to create a more mystic ambience. Like a spot from beside to work a but with light and shadow.

Reactions: Baenki
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…