Want critique David and Goliath

The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
Iso:1600, f/13 and 1/60 sec

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
You've some JPG artefacts which reduces the image quality and the colors are a bit oversaturized. The composition itself is great but this is a bit distracting.

Reactions: Karl

Bart the belgian

May 17, 2020
great action photo!
Is not problem with noice right now Bart the belgian , only with the image quality , but only with bacground , did you cropped a lot the picture?
I dis not crop this time. The background is thé plant behind the animals. Maybe next time I can take à background like in à scary movie. The ladybug eats thé other at thé end.

Bart the belgian

May 17, 2020
You've some JPG artefacts which reduces the image quality and the colors are a bit oversaturized. The composition itself is great but this is a bit distracting.
Can you explain me what is distraction you in the picture? Can I do something about this artefacts ?

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Hi Bart the belgian, I made some screenshots to show you what I mean.

The ladybug itself is ok but the backgrounds has artifacts which results from a stronger JPG compression.

You see the artifacts very good in the maeked area. Do you see the color blocks? I should be a smooth fading between the dark and the bright areas, but you see these artifacts instead.

You can avoid this by using a better quality for your JPGs. Use 100% quality setting in Photoshop and don't resize the picture.

Bart the belgian

May 17, 2020
I've noticed that sometimes I have realy big Lines in the picture. I don't know why I see this lines

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…