Your opinion? Discerning Perception

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Nikon D610
Helios 81N 50mm f/2.0
s 1/2000
f/2.0
iso 100
+2 Close Up Filter

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Discerning Perception

Shapes and formations always draw my attention. I like the way lines and curves interact between them aesthetically. I like to capture abstract thoughts that draw the eye because of their shapes and lines in relation with light.

These images although they do not show something absolutely specific than an abstraction they do communicate feelings or senses. For each viewer the sentimental perception might be a different from intense to feeling specific or even completely ignorant. And that is what i like mostly. And I think this is the strongest part of these kind of compositions.
Mindplay.

DSC_3400.JPG

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
hello my dear!
that's amaizng picture! the composition fantastic, the simply green colour, and playing with light and shadows, and the very creative focus. So wonderful,magic and dreamy atmosfer. I LOVE IT , the picture make me really crazy :love: :love: :love: :love:

Reactions: panos_adgr

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Hi , simple but effective ^^

Thank you Greg! Simplicity is beautiful.

hello my dear!
that's amaizng picture! the composition fantastic, the simply green colour, and playing with light and shadows, and the very creative focus. So wonderful,magic and dreamy atmosfer. I LOVE IT , the picture make me really crazy :love: :love: :love: :love:

Thank you again dear Natalia for your nice comment!

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Thank you Greg! Simplicity is beautiful.

Thank you again dear Natalia for your nice comment!

you are very welcome Panos :love: , your pictures just stop me always .. and always when I see you shared new pictures, I\m just exciting to see what you created and want to share this time :) .
and as I just trying to leave some of comments, especially here on the forum.. and just true .. :D
and I like your sweets replies for .. :D .
Photographers just funny people šŸ¤“;):LOL:
Share more! šŸ¤“šŸ™:D

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
I see what you mean by your photo and your message accompanying it ;)
the monochromatic feel is well chosen;
however it's not my style as I feel like there is something missing, like a small insect or something to complete the photo :D šŸ˜

Reactions: panos_adgr

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Interesting, minimalistic and beautiful. The small dried end of the grass blade which looks like a hair is the end of a mix between lines and shapes and pulls the viewers eye to it. Very good.

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Simplicity is beautiful, I'm a fan of abstract. Perhaps it needs more form and direction, maybe even an actor. It looks a stage set but it just needs a little something. I do like where you're going with this, keep experimenting :)

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I like your style panos_adgr panos_adgr , you do focus on simple and very small subjects like this, so you achieving these abstract effects and nice bokeh.

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
I see what you mean by your photo and your message accompanying it ;)
the monochromatic feel is well chosen;
however it's not my style as I feel like there is something missing, like a small insect or something to complete the photo :D šŸ˜

Simplicity is beautiful, I'm a fan of abstract. Perhaps it needs more form and direction, maybe even an actor. It looks a stage set but it just needs a little something. I do like where you're going with this, keep experimenting :)

Hello my friends!

My intention is to create abstract images. An addition of a bug or an insect would add a more realistic subject in the frame caughting the attention away from the initial thought and intention.

What I like in abstract photography is what abstract states. Something abstract. An actor or another object additionaly on the leaf (that itself is the the main subject) would give a completely diferent composition and theme from the above photo.

Bugs or insects are not my cup of tea. It something that does not interests me.

To give an example on my above words.
I will add to pictures.
Both of them are photos of thin leaves. One will be only leaves in an abstract composition and another one will be similar with an insect.

You will notice that eventhough the photos are quite similar the one with the insect is far to be said as an abstract shot. The insect adds and states aesthetically realistic elements that cannot any longer be considered as an abstract composition. It would require a completely different approach (composition wise) with the bug in the photo, which I haven't tried and practice to be able to produce yet.

View attachment 15198

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jmjzbx]View attachment 15199

Attachments

• 50055335347_cc2a072279_c.jpg
    50055335347_cc2a072279_c.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 50113067927_b66e08008c_c.jpg
    50113067927_b66e08008c_c.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 0