Websites Do you use website for images ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
A personal website is as much important as photography quality, as this showcase more wider the photographic style and experience.
B

big_bum

I had this idea since many years to start either a photo blog or a homepage which is free of charge for me. But I'm not an expert in programming / HTML / PHP or things like that. So it would for sure need some time to realize such a project. But yes... it's interesting!
Jack is right. I've done a simple gallery with HTML only for a client. You don't need PHP, unless you want fancy things.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I had this idea since many years to start either a photo blog or a homepage which is free of charge for me. But I'm not an expert in programming / HTML / PHP or things like that. So it would for sure need some time to realize such a project. But yes... it's interesting!
You can achieve great portfolio by using WordPress, you need some knowledge of webmaster definitely.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I use social media (facebook, instagram) and I also have my own gallery.
Just checked, looks good, I'm running one of mine on Koken which sadly is dead but still work with php 7.3 tried to upgrade to 7.4 didn't worked so changed back to 7.3 . And have one on WordPress which works just fine.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I use social media (facebook, instagram) and I also have my own gallery.
there is an install on here for Koken, it's made for photographers, unfortunately has been abandoned couple of years ago. It's really beautiful cms.

Leraymurat

1 1
Jun 4, 2020
Good evening, I use social networks, Facebook, to share my photos on a daily basis. I also have a personal site that I regularly update with my best photos.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Good evening, I use social networks, Facebook, to share my photos on a daily basis. I also have a personal site that I regularly update with my best photos.
I heard that FB has changed their algorithm and is banning people from sharing photos, is that true ? I don't share my images on fb or ig, just my personal site.