Want critique Face to face with my beaty , Ephemera vulgata

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
Iso 640. f5.0 1-160s, 60mm singiel shot . Shooted with Olympus camera and macro lens- always same :D
Ring light, tripod thi time, manual focus

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Iso 640. f5.0 1-160s, 60mm  singiel 2.jpg
Ephemera vulgata - with help of MinitecaPhotographie MinitecaPhotographie I know , what this my beauty is :love: 🤩 🙏
Now I want to your opinions about this photo ;) , ho you like it :D
I used manual focus for this shot, after lot of tryings with focus stacking.. - was very windy!

Do you have good tricks how to shoot insects in windy days? :) ;)

Another one picture from the sarja :
View attachment 14622

Attachments

• Iso-640.-f5.0-1-160s-60mm-singiel-2-4.md.jpg
    Iso-640.-f5.0-1-160s-60mm-singiel-2-4.md.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 0

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Beautiful photo, only a little too dark I think but that is personal.
Photographing insects above wind force 3 or 4 is actually not possible and so stay at home :p or something else.

Danke je wel Ron Westbroek Ron Westbroek for your opinion 😉.
And maybe you are right here 🤭🤭. Wind is always bad friend of macro photographers 😅. But maybe any tactic are possible here, by evening 🤭

Masterjohn

Jun 26, 2020
Natalia, indeed i agree with Ron Westbroek that the picture is too dark wlth shallow depth of field. A higher f stop means less light and longer shutterspeed. To solve this you need a flashlight.
A trick i use is To take the camera in one hand and take the branche of leave in the other hand an try to focus bij moving the subject untill it is in focus. Wind is the biggest enemy by taking macroshots.
another possibility is waiting the wind falls. Wint often comes in waves.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Natalia, indeed i agree with Ron Westbroek that the picture is too dark wlth shallow depth of field. A higher f stop means less light and longer shutterspeed. To solve this you need a flashlight.
A trick i use is To take the camera in one hand and take the branche of leave in the other hand an try to focus bij moving the subject untill it is in focus. Wind is the biggest enemy by taking macroshots.
another possibility is waiting the wind falls. Wint often comes in waves.

Dank je wel Masterjohn Masterjohn for your comment and your good advantages :)