flash problem

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
I need some help. My previous Sony a6400 was returned for repair. One problem was that the external flash did not always fire. It was replaced by a brand new Sony a6400. Today i received the Godox TT350s. But i am experiencing the same problem. The flash sometimes just doesn't fire, even when it is recharged. When you push the shutter button after it refused to fire it works fine. This sometimes happens once every 10-15 times you use the flash and sometimes it does it 2-3 in a row.

I don't know if it is a Godox problem or if it is a problem that Sony cameras have with Godox flashes. I am unable to test it on another Sony camera at this time, i know only 1 person with a Sony a6300 and a a7rii but he is away for work the next 2 weeks.

I already contacted the shop were i bought the flash, the only thing they said that i could either send it back or visit a store to see if they can help. But going to the store is a 70km round trip and not sure if they can help.

Solution
is the flash connected properly? for those 21 pins the flash has to go all the way into the socket.

View attachment 18412

another idea: are you using single shot or burst? if you are shooting in burst mode, the flash may not have enough time to recharge, specially if it is set to full power.

kzurro

1 1
Dec 21, 2020
is the flash connected properly? for those 21 pins the flash has to go all the way into the socket.

View attachment 18412

another idea: are you using single shot or burst? if you are shooting in burst mode, the flash may not have enough time to recharge, specially if it is set to full power.

Attachments

• Sony_mi_acessory_shoe.jpg
    Sony_mi_acessory_shoe.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Jack
Solution

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021

View attachment 18412

The flash is properly seated and i only shoot in single mode. Did contact Godox and their response was go to were you bought it. The shop were i bought it only has one solution, return the flash and you get a refund. But that doesn't solve my problem. This is the second Godox flash with the same problem, the previous one, a tt600s had the same problem on my first Sony a6400.

Status
Not open for further replies.