Want critique Flower after rain

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
Iso 1600 f5.0 .1.80s stacked

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Hi nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo :)

Beautiful job!! Very pretty flower. Stacking is diffucult or to be more precise, cleaning up a stacked image is difficult. I am also trying to learn this now. But overall I think you did a good job!!

One thing I can suggest is if you're editing in Photoshop you can use your multiple photos to reduce noise. You can do this by converting all layers into a smart object, and then choose Layers – Smart Object – Stack Mode – Mean. This will lower the noise in each layer. You can then edit the smart object and create your stack as normal. Hope it helps you!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020

Beautiful job!! Very pretty flower. Stacking is diffucult or to be more precise, cleaning up a stacked image is difficult. I am also trying to learn this now. But overall I think you did a good job!!

One thing I can suggest is if you're editing in Photoshop you can use your multiple photos to reduce noise. You can do this by converting all layers into a smart object, and then choose Layers – Smart Object – Stack Mode – Mean. This will lower the noise in each layer. You can then edit the smart object and create your stack as normal. Hope it helps you!

Highly agree with you Chavezshutter Chavezshutter

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
Nice picture and wonderful flower that you can have in many wonderful macro photos.
I wonder though if you could have turned around the flower and have the same background everywhere - especially like on the left side with the flares; the right part with black and and the green part take away a bit our eye from the beauty of the flower.
But other than that the photo is beautiful.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Wonderful flower nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo even if the stack is not perfect. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for your tip Chavezshutter Chavezshutter. I thought that this only works for identical pictures. e.g. if you take 10 pictures from the same flower without moving the camera of the focus? I'm not sure if this works for focus stacking as well... I don't think so.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020

thanks you so much Chavezshutter Chavezshutter for very useful advaices!!! I need to try this trick!!! 🙏 🙏 🙏

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
merci boucoup Yohanna_D Yohanna_D , danke shön Helix_2648 Helix_2648 🙏🙏🙏🙏 🤩🤩🤩🤩🥰😘😍😇🥳

and yeah the picture I shared just for fun and as I know Helix_2648 Helix_2648 like this flowers.. ;) , so small supprise for you ;)
but the picture taken just by walk... and just by moment fastly.. :D , not even close to be perfect .. but quite nice effect.. especially then I still learning this technique ;)

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Helix_2648 Helix_2648 Hmmm, I may have to take a closer look at this and report back later. It is my understanding that the mean filter reduces noise by increasing the signal to noise ratio of each layer. You may be correct in saying the photos all need to be the same but if that's the case simply duplicating each layer before applying the mean filter might be a workaround. I will let you know what i find, thank you for making me aware of it.

Reactions: Jack

isulanu

Aug 7, 2020
the flower is fine, but the right side of the background should be worked more ... maybe by removing it completely and leaving all the background white or completely black!

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Helix_2648 Helix_2648 Looking at the mean filter closer I see that you are correct, noise cannot be lowered by photos in stack and my idea to duplicate layers should not work as you cannot lower noise by comparing the exact same signal and noise.

It raises more questions now for me about the filter:unsure:. Exactly how different does an image have to be to qualify for the mean filter? In a photo stack where only focus is changing you would think that should qualify but it seems not. And my last question for myself is how did I do it a year or so ago? :LOL: I know I did it once. I guess i just had the same photos, gotta find my PS project files to confirm but for now nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo sorry about the misdirection, I believe it's best not to use my method until I know more.