Want critique Gold butterfly

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.

Shan

Apr 12, 2020
try and keep the camera sensor parallel to the subject. what was your apperture? there are oof corners.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I had the camera in tripod with macro rail, if I’m not wrong my aperture was f9, I need to check my exif. What you mean about corners ?

Shan

Apr 12, 2020
I had the camera in tripod with macro rail, if I’m not wrong my aperture was f9, I need to check my exif. What you mean about corners ?
top right and bottom left corners are out of focus (oof) and hence distracting. Otherwise a good photo.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Ohh, now I see, thanks for noticing this. Next time I will be More careful. To be honest I haven’t spotted when I took the picture .

Reactions: Shan

Suresh Khaire

Apr 15, 2020
Image is good looking but I observe the following point in this shot :

1. Your camera censor is not parallel to the object in turn upper right and lower left is out of focus
2. Use simple BG instead of Black so that object will popup
3. Your f-stop should be f14-f16 so that every part will be in focus
4. Using tripod is good for such shoot but camera must be parallel to the object/subject
5. Selecting lens is very very important during such shoot. I hope u must have used 100mm macro, if
not than use it for jewelry shoot.

Thanks with warm regards,

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Image is good looking but I observe the following point in this shot :

1. Your camera censor is not parallel to the object in turn upper right and lower left is out of focus
2. Use simple BG instead of Black so that object will popup
3. Your f-stop should be f14-f16 so that every part will be in focus
4. Using tripod is good for such shoot but camera must be parallel to the object/subject
5. Selecting lens is very very important during such shoot. I hope u must have used 100mm macro, if
not than use it for jewelry shoot.

Thanks with warm regards,

thanks a lot S Suresh Khaire , yes I was using 100mm L macro lens , and this was only some testing on product shots.

I had tripod and macro rail set up attached, unfortunately I couldn’t manage do it parallel.

Thanks again for your opinion, will do it on my next shots .

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
I used box of jewellery, which was black inside , the rest I was edited on Lr :)

Ok, the box got great backgound, I thought that it can be taken by editing.. :D , sometimes it can be much easer.
I itself edit too much my pictures :D and I take them so that I most to edit in LRclassic CC.. :D

do you shoot Jack Jack in RAW?
and what version of LR do you use?

(there are a lot of LR'S versions on computre or iPhone.. it's becouse I ask about ) :cool: