Photography Have you ever dropped your lens?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
This thread is about general or macro photography discussion. Feel free to talk as much as you want :).

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Have you ever dropped your flash on the floor ? If yes, did it broke or just scratched ?

G

Guest 1012

I have dropped the whole camera bag when I got it out of my car. Nothing happened.
I have dropped a kit lens, from a table height. Nothing happened.
I have gotten glitter on my zoom lens. (don't ask me how, don't ask me why) Nothing happened.

Worst case scenario is that the internal elements of the lens move and the lens becomes uncalibrated.
Worst worst case scenario is that the front element gets broken, but you could still use the lens with an artistic effect.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I have dropped the whole camera bag when I got it out of my car. Nothing happened.
I have gotten glitter on my zoom lens. (don't ask me how, don't ask me why) Nothing happened.

Worst case scenario is that the internal elements of the lens move and the lens becomes uncalibrated.
Worst worst case scenario is that the front element gets broken, but you could still use the lens with an artistic effect.
Did it happen so the glass broke ? I have dropped once my lens on the floor, but was in its case, but still was so upset.

B

big_bum

I didn't manage to break any lenses. I almost dropped my Sigma 17-55 in a lake a few weeks ago, but nerver managed to damage a lens.

• Haha
Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020

how that can happen šŸ˜…?

B

big_bum

Let's say something caught my eye when trying to change the Sigma with a telephoto. Oh, and I also have sticks instead of fingers :)).

Reactions: Jack