Want critique I found you

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
Iso 800
F/13
1/60 sec

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Bart the belgian Bart the belgian do you use Lightroom to process your pictures? There you can ease export prices smallest that are great enough for all using in websites and social medias.. - I do so itsel šŸ¤©
I just remember too words of @Bill Edwards šŸ¤© about it! You Bill just teached me self time with uploading pictures and keep good quality of it! Thans šŸ˜‰
And of course the website Jack Jack speaks, but you lost there all info about your image šŸ˜Ŗ. It's good just for media on the forum šŸ˜‡šŸ˜

rcorteschile

Renato CortƩs
Apr 11, 2020
Hi, nice pic & colors!
If you use flash, you can balance ISO and aperture. Speed is not important, depending on the ambient light to get some background details. If you use 1/60 will get some details, but if you use 1/!25 or higher the background will be darker. Most importantly, always try to diffuse flashlight. It's a process, you may try different materials and methods until you find one that satisfies you. Also, avoid using extreme apertures (higher than f/16, depending on each lens), as you will start having diffraction.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
The bug looks good except of the too small DOF. I would suggest to export your pictures as 1:1 TIFF or JPG and scale it to 50% for the forum. That's the way I do it. Or upload with the green upload button to app.pics. There you can post your picture with a size of max. 50MB.

MinitecaPhotographie

Legend TEAM
3 3 1
May 9, 2020
Bart the belgian Bart the belgian using a flash, it's not necessary to go so high in ISO. F/13 isn't to closed according to me but it depends on the lens. You may adjust flash power to get much details. Personally I'm using always the same parameters ISO 100, F/11 (best compromise between DOF and sharpness with my lens) and 1/250s to be able to freeze my subject and avoid hand shaking. I only change one parameter regarding the magnification and this is the flash power. Only exception is when I want to do focus stacking and then I use ISO 200 to be able to lower flash power to 1/16th to shoot in burst.

MinitecaPhotographie

Legend TEAM
3 3 1
May 9, 2020
Thanks. I think that Pringles tube is, as discussed offline with Helix_2648 Helix_2648, an easy way to bring the light where we want to. But (yes there is a but) the diffuser on this system still too much small according to me. If I was using this system, I'll cut a bit the tube to be able to place at the extremity a small softbox.

Reactions: Karl and Jack