Your opinion? Longhorned beetle (Carambycid sp)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
D

Deleted member 250

By using the brush you can lighten an area with either the exposure or if the area is dark you can use the shadows adjustment (be careful with this as it can introduce noise if too high).
Try a very slight exposure level first, just on the dark eye.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
kindly educate me...if the shadows slider is pushed full to the right, how would the brush open up shadows further?

Shan Shan , there is another oportunites still to do it for brashes.. you can open the picture in Lightroom again if you have it still in RAW, edited already pictre, and open the brash and there you will see, there is own \\ shadows\\ furthers and more anoters useful too.. , you need to be only cerful with quality of the picture!
but I recommend to try it , so you will know in the future how it working like .. , sometiems is better take picture again.. :) but the brash can be still another oportunites..
I hope I helped a bit more :cool:

D

Deleted member 250

Hi Shan,
I have just discovered that I can download your image, make some adjustments and re upload.
So I have just lightened the dark eye a tiny bit.

Attachments

• soldier beetle closeup1-200517-shan-2906.jpg
    soldier beetle closeup1-200517-shan-2906.jpg
    550.6 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Shan

Shan

Apr 12, 2020
Hi Shan,
I have just discovered that I can download your image, make some adjustments and re upload.
So I have just lightened the dark eye a tiny bit.
i was going to suggest sending you the raw file...thanks for the effort...let me check! 🙏

D

Deleted member 250

honestly adds a lot to the original picture. Will try and replicate this. once again thanks for the efforts Mr William :)
My pleasure Shan. Being able to do this will help to explain things a lot easier.

Reactions: Shan