Want critique My first hand handing focu stracking! of insect :)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
1/160s, f3.2, ISO 200
Olympus Em10markIII, 60mm + external ring tubs, ring macro flash

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hi nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo, nice subject! But some focus layers seems to be missing (the stack seems to be incomplete) and there are some merging errors.

View attachment 5439

The arrows shows an error in your stack. The left part of the leg looks more or less sharp and then there's a cut and a blurry leg continues.

The hairs below the insect is very good ans sharp.

Try to reduce the ISO value... looks to high to me..

Besta danke @Helix_264 for your really helpful comment! In details!

Have you tried itself this "handheld focus stacking techniques? -taken in camera?
Do you know best programs that can work with well?
PS and Helicon focus- I tried both but still aren't best for it..🤔

Lot of practice and learning still 😂
Macro photography is not easy 😬🤭😂 although wonderful 🤩🤗

Reactions: Karl

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hi nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo, nice subject! But some focus layers seems to be missing (the stack seems to be incomplete) and there are some merging errors.

View attachment 5439

The arrows shows an error in your stack. The left part of the leg looks more or less sharp and then there's a cut and a blurry leg continues.

The hairs below the insect is very good ans sharp.

Try to reduce the ISO value... looks to high to me..

That's very well spotted Helix_2648 Helix_2648

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Besta danke @Helix_264 for your really helpful comment! In details!

Have you tried itself this "handheld focus stacking techniques? -taken in camera?
Do you know best programs that can work with well?
PS and Helicon focus- I tried both but still aren't best for it..🤔

Lot of practice and learning still 😂
Macro photography is not easy 😬🤭😂 although wonderful 🤩🤗
Yes, I tried it but just for a test nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo. It's difficult. Especially without a stabilisation. I use Helicon because I can choose between different stacking methods and the post processing to correct failures is much easier than in PS.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
I would need to spend lot of money if would like to Adobe Creative cloud + Helicon Pro and the Topaz too. o_Oo_O:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: , but I've been taken already new agreement with Adobe for the next year so.. ,:LOL:. I want to learn Adobe softwers well and get out what they offer.. maybe one day something else if have good idea how to take money on the photography too :ROFLMAO:, but first better SDD levy for computer to run better with the programs :ROFLMAO:

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I would need to spend lot of money if would like to Adobe Creative cloud + Helicon Pro and the Topaz too. o_Oo_O:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: , but I've been taken already new agreement with Adobe for the next year so.. ,:LOL:. I want to learn Adobe softwers well and get out what they offer.. maybe one day something else if have good idea how to take money on the photography too :ROFLMAO:, but first better SDD levy for computer to run better with the programs :ROFLMAO:

You can learn about Photoshop on YouTube nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo ;)