Your opinion? Photoshoot with new unknown jumping spider

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Sony A7iii, 90mm FE macro lens and extension tube, f/9, 1/80 sec, ISO100, handheld, flash

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Hi,

Today while shooting in my front yard I found this spider on my brother's car. I still need to research its species. It is completely different then the jumping spiders I normally photograph. I has longer arms and a completely different colour on its body. It also was a lot more curious and less afraid of me, jumping on my lens twice and it was willing to climb on my hand so I placed in on a Gerbera flower and took many shots. I was able to shoot and watch it for about 15 minutes before I let it dissapear into a bush in my backyard.

One funny story was when it immediately tried to climb down the flower stem as soon as I had placed it on the flower but when it was met with my hand blocking its way it climbed back up and then it tried to timidly bungee rope from the flower and would chicken out as it could not tell exactly how far down it had to go so it would climb back up, pluck up courage and try again, it repeated this about 5 times when it changed its tactic, it anchored a web to lens and used the web like cat thief on a heist and while underslang on the rope made its way unto my lens, jumped to my arm and finally down to the floor. Very clever little spiders, I was quite fascinated :love: . I took many shots which I will post as i edit but I thought I would give you a sneak look in the meantime. Hope you like them.

DSC01216-Edit.jpg

DSC01239-Edit.jpg
EXIF :Sony A7iii, 90mm FE macro lens and extension tube, f/9, 1/80 sec, ISO400, handheld, flash

ZAMIR PENA

May 26, 2020
Hi,

Today while shooting in my front yard I found this spider on my brother's car. I still need to research its species. It is completely different then the jumping spiders I normally photograph. I has longer arms and a completely different colour on its body. It also was a lot more curious and less afraid of me, jumping on my lens twice and it was willing to climb on my hand so I placed in on a Gerbera flower and took many shots. I was able to shoot and watch it for about 15 minutes before I let it dissapear into a bush in my backyard.

One funny story was when it immediately tried to climb down the flower stem as soon as I had placed it on the flower but when it was met with my hand blocking its way it climbed back up and then it tried to timidly bungee rope from the flower and would chicken out as it could not tell exactly how far down it had to go so it would climb back up, pluck up courage and try again, it repeated this about 5 times when it changed its tactic, it anchored a web to lens and used the web like cat thief on a heist and while underslang on the rope made its way unto my lens, jumped to my arm and finally down to the floor. Very clever little spiders, I was quite fascinated :love: . I took many shots which I will post as i edit but I thought I would give you a sneak look in the meantime. Hope you like them.

View attachment 7518

View attachment 7519
EXIF :Sony A7iii, 90mm FE macro lens and extension tube, f/9, 1/80 sec, ISO400, handheld, flash
Beautiful captures, love both of them đź‘Śđź‘Śđź‘Śđź‘Śđź‘Śđź‘Śđź‘Śđź‘Śđź‘Ś

• Love
Reactions: Chavezshutter

MinitecaPhotographie

Legend TEAM
3 3 1
May 9, 2020
Hi,

View attachment 7518

View attachment 7519
I realy prefer the second one which looks more natural. According to me this spider is a Macaroeris nidicolens adult male.

Safiqul

Sep 2, 2022
Hi,

View attachment 7518

View attachment 7519
The color grading of the first image excellent. At the same time in the second image color tone is seems to be a bit high. in the both the pictures focus are perfect.